• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Apple Approves Counterfeit Pokémon iPhone/iPad App

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
bradc wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Seriously, how can you freaking fail at emulating a GB game on an iPhone?!

Smartphones and iPhones aren't design for serious gaming. Leave it to the PC and consoles systems.

Smartphones these days are plenty powerful enough to emulate the original Gameboy(which is nearly 22 years old).

Friends play Playstation and SNES games on their Android phones, using wireless Wii controllers. Laughing
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Just another example of why iOS isn't as great as everyone cracks it up to be. Every market has crap apps and malware Sad

I'm just baffled as to how this made it through the apple check list, since they are supposed to be personally checking to make sure the games work before putting them onto the marketplace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
This isn't the first time Apple has goofed up with something Pokemon or Nintendo related. There was a time when people were making Pokedex apps, some of them drawing information from Bulbapedia. Point is, those weren't licensed with Nintendo either.

I guess with the hundreds of new apps they have to check everyday, some things get missed or are only 'checked' in a rush manner. It still shouldn't be an excuse though.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Wow, and I heard Apple watched its app store like a hawk regarding new apps. Hahahah, what a joke.

Yeah, it's a bit ironic to hear about that something that wasn't in any way affiliated with Nintendo, or even works, was approved when just a few days ago I hear about Apple going through and dropping a bunch of apps that were clearly ripoffs of other games.

It makes me wonder what the approval system is like when apparently they don't bother to check whether this was actually from the company that owns the rights to the property.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Apple's been asleep at the wheel before. They let a Mario ripoff in for 6 hours before deleting it.

And it is a US holiday.
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
The Goron Marshall wrote:
This isn't the first time Apple has goofed up with something Pokemon or Nintendo related. There was a time when people were making Pokedex apps, some of them drawing information from Bulbapedia. Point is, those weren't licensed with Nintendo either.

I guess with the hundreds of new apps they have to check everyday, some things get missed or are only 'checked' in a rush manner. It still shouldn't be an excuse though.

That's true, but I think that if they are indeed checking everything you would think they would have to see the app passed the banner page, which is where it crashes Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Wow, and I heard Apple watched its app store like a hawk regarding new apps. Hahahah, what a joke.

After Steve Jobs passed away, I don't think Apple will ever be same as when he was in control of the company. This is just a taste of actions yet to come from the current Apple I presume.

But then again, this isn't the first time Apple goofed up on a counterfeit app, even when Mr. Jobs was still CEO of the company. So I am not that surprised.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2