• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses K-ON!! Anime Season 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news, not that it's particularly surprising the follow-up series got licensed. The big surprise, though, is that it was Sentai and not Funimation. Well-played, chaps!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
OH THANK GOD.

Now if they can just get the original voice cast to come back for the dub, I'd die happy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
All my prayers to the amine goddess of moe have been answered!
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Sentai is going to use the same VA's from Season 1 for Season 2 or if they are going to use a different cast this time around. I will purchase it, but I wonder if it is going to be two sets or just one set when it gets released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pavilion5097

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
hopefully they use better voice actors then bandai did i love k-on! but the English dub bandai did was terrible the voices didn't match up with the characters at all but sentai doesn't have the best track record either so im not keeping my hopes up on this one
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Cool!!

As for the VA Cast i think Sentai will make sure to get back as many as possible. I expect Some Changes but nothing major.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
I wonder if Sentai is going to use the same VA's from Season 1 for Season 2 or if they are going to use a different cast this time around. I will purchase it, but I wonder if it is going to be two sets or just one set when it gets released.

From what I have noticed, Sentai has a pretty good working relationship with Bang Zoom, having gotten them to dub both the Rozen Maiden OVAs and the Fate/Stay night movie. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got them to reprise their roles for season 2.

I'm really hoping for it, to be honest. The K-on! dub, to me, was one of the most surprisingly good dubs I've heard in the past year.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
A nice surprise from Sentai. By the way Sentai mention over on there site in the press release for it that the dub will be done by Bang Zoom.
bleuster

Get the first season, too, Sentai. I will fallow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Polly E.

Reason #29834 that Funimation wants to bury Sentai using the legal system: They just keep grabbing stuff.

Don't particularly care about K-On myself, but seriously is Sentai on some kinda licensing tear as of late, and this isn't one I saw coming.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

From what I have noticed, Sentai has a pretty good working relationship with Bang Zoom, having gotten them to dub both the Rozen Maiden OVAs and the Fate/Stay night movie. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got them to reprise their roles for season 2.

I'm really hoping for it, to be honest. The K-on! dub, to me, was one of the most surprisingly good dubs I've heard in the past year.

The Sentai filmworks press article starts that they will be using Bang Zoom again.

Sentai Article
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gojira89

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Get the first season, too, Sentai. I will fallow.

They can't. Bandai may not be releasing any new series, but they still hold the rights to K-on.

And they're gonna hold on to those rights until the license expires, so it's gonna be QUITE a while.

Still.... The Anime Legends collections is already out now. You can buy season 1 for only 35 bucks. Really.... it's not that bad.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
how about the movie
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
....well I'll be damned.. sentai if i fork over 2000 dollars can you license higurashi please??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6