• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Bend It Like Kakeru

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:

willag wrote:

Re: Listen to Me Girls
Oh god, that picture is creepy. Showing off that 10% for us? You've successfully creeped me out. Neutral
Oh, god I'm so glad I didn't even bother to watch a single episode.
I didn't really notice any implications there until looking at the picture after reading the column(it certainly comes off clean enough in motion). Maybe that's because I'm not the type to assume that eating a banana is inherently sexual.

I wonder what Bamboo will think of episode seven, though.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

willag wrote:

Re: Listen to Me Girls
Oh god, that picture is creepy. Showing off that 10% for us? You've successfully creeped me out. Neutral
Oh, god I'm so glad I didn't even bother to watch a single episode.
I didn't really notice any implications there until looking at the picture after reading the column(it certainly comes off clean enough in motion). Maybe that's because I'm not the type to assume that eating a banana is inherently sexual.

I wonder what Bamboo will think of episode seven, though.

If you can struggle past the 10 minute mark with the fat otaku clone then yeah.. spoiler[eviction is never fun]

I don't really think the bannan it's self is sexual... it's just the people that Photoshop other things there >__> i'm not amused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
episode 5 and 6 of listen to me girls Im your father is actually getting better and has set the background for what the show should be about
I have taken more interest in it as now outside characters will be involved
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Oh, what timing. I'll repeat myself here, then.

As much as I like Chihayafuru, I can't wait to see something else in the #1 spot.

Yeah, well, the other shows can bring it.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
If you can struggle past the 10 minute mark with the fat otaku clone
I thought he was hilarious - especially his sudden change in attitude.
Quote:
then yeah.. spoiler[eviction is never fun]
At least they've got a month to figure out what they're going to do - I think that's longer than the amount of time that's passed in the show so far.
Quote:
I don't really think the bannan it's self is sexual... it's just the people that Photoshop other things there >__> i'm not amused
And suddenly I have the urge to shop in a hand with money. Lucky for you, my Gimp-fu sucks.
Merida wrote:
Inu x Boku is hilarious in my opinion. I consider it 'humerous slice of life with supernatural elements', so i really don't expect it to become something deep or incredibly exciting, it's enough that it brightens my mood every time i watch it.
I'd say it's more a pure character show - what plot there is just serves characterization - and if you miss that the show doesn't really offer much(and it doesn't seem to be the hardest thing in the world to miss). Or maybe we're just masochists.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised you didn't like the Finale of the Tournament arc, Bamboo. I thought it was a pretty smart move for it to be a flashback episode since it would have been a waste to see each and every battle.

After all, Gon, our hero, has already won. So, there was no need for multiple episodes to finish the arc. Also, the flashback gives the audience some information on both Killua (who had to fight his brother) and Kuripika (who was given some information from Hisoka) So, story wise, I thought these last two episodes were great!

I had already dropped Inu-Boku when Watanuki and...that Grell wannabe character showed up. :/
It can't decide if it wants to appeal to guys (loli bishojo, action) or girls (bishonen, romantic cliches) so it ends up not appealing anyone, especially not me.

So I'm down to 7 this season: Chihayafuru, Moretsu Pirates, Hunter X Hunter, Another, Natsume's Book of Friends Season 4, Daily Lives, and the action yuri that is Black Rock Shooter.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
For those series I watch weekly the last two weeks have been quite good. Chihayafuru has stayed strong and Another and Ano Natsu have become more interesting. Nisemonogatari has also been quite nice (the visual style of it might be my favorite of those shows I have seen lately).

(For those who enjoy this kind of information:) There actually exists a shoujo manga spin-off of Listen to Me Girls. It runs in Cookie, the same magazine as Nana.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I am really liking Another, which surprises me because at first it seemed like the type of show I don't like. First off I'm not a fan of Horror so I am glad the focus of the show is on the mystery, which is much more interesting than a certain detective/mystery anime (that shall remain nameless) that streamed last season. Also I think it helped that I waited a few weeks and watched all the episodes (so far) at once, so I didn't have to wait 5 weeks before I got the big reveal. Yeah it's kind of silly and really unrealistic, but I don't care it's an anime after all so some amount of suspension of disbelieve is needed.
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
050795 wrote:
Yeah it's kind of silly and really unrealistic, but I don't care it's an anime after all so some amount of suspension of disbelieve is needed.

this describes Another perfectly, it's much more enjoyable when you remember that

also, remember that the series isn't over, all the complaints about why things happen oddly might still be explained later on, just wait till its finished and then complain about them if it still annoys you

050795 wrote:
I am glad the focus of the show is on the mystery, which is much more interesting than a certain detective/mystery anime (that shall remain nameless) that streamed last season.
Un-Go wasn't that bad was it? since the focus was on the social commentary rather than being a quality mystery series i thought it pulled it off quite well
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
050795 wrote:
Yeah it's kind of silly and really unrealistic, but I don't care it's an anime after all so some amount of suspension of disbelieve is needed.

this describes Another perfectly, it's much more enjoyable when you remember that

also, remember that the series isn't over, all the complaints about why things happen oddly might still be explained later on, just wait till its finished and then complain about them if it still annoys you

050795 wrote:
I am glad the focus of the show is on the mystery, which is much more interesting than a certain detective/mystery anime (that shall remain nameless) that streamed last season.
Un-Go wasn't that bad was it? since the focus was on the social commentary rather than being a quality mystery series i thought it pulled it off quite well

actually un-go was good but not as mystery show. It focused on what I want to learn when I go to law school "why". No one seems to care for this reason alone more, why did he or she kill that person??

What drives a person to that breaking point to where they will just snap no matter the reason. If it just or unjust it still something that eats away at me.. why?? I have watched enough law and order, taken free criminal law classes but getting into the mind of killer is something that intrigues me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I was taking about it in terms of a mystery show (since it was presented as one), it may have other redeeming qualities but as a mystery/detective show it was a bit of a letdown to say the least. Another on the other hand is presented as a mystery/horror story and has so far stayed true to that; plus I find the mystery in Another to be more interesting and engaging then the ones in Un-Go.
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
From what I recall, Black Rock Shooter isn't even being legally streamed right now. Not from Crunchyroll or even Funimation.

NicoNico lists it as "Coming Soon" on the main anime page, and they have put up a channel page for it.

The Stream is a great column! There are a few of these shows that I have not been following that it makes me want to check out. For the most part, I agree with the current ranking for the shows I am following, except I would put Ana Natsu de Matteru at number 3 and have not dropped Inu x Boku SS, though the S&M nut "fiancé" was a bit too much. (From what I understand, he doesn't show up much, and his gag is the same each time, at least from what I have read about the manga...) Chihayafuru and Bodacious Space Pirates are at the top of the heap, by far, though neither are shows that are going to be universally liked, largely due to pacing.

BSP moves at its own pace, taking time to develop the characters, which I love! The most recent episode included a fantastic sequence with Chiaki and Mami getting to know each other and some details about Marika from Mami's perspective that added quite a bit to the story. I would bet that many people will site it as a slow boring section that could have been left out!

Chihayafuru has picked up the pace a bit from the beginning, but I can see some people having trouble getting into it in the first few episodes due to the slow pace and unfamiliar game that is the focus. The last few episodes have been wonderful and I agree with Bamboo on the match between Kana and Desktomu! It was brilliantly done.
giseki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
that football anime is terrible...but people watch it...
superdry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
I consider it 'humerous slice of life with supernatural elements', so i really don't expect it to become something deep or incredibly exciting, it's enough that it brightens my mood every time i watch it.

That's the same exact impression I got after watching the first few episodes (still following the show) - it's slice of life with these half-supernatural humans. It's a cute watch even though nothing really happens (wtf is with the fight at the end of the last episode...that was pretty much out of nowhere).

Ririchiyo is absolutely adorable though (tsundere towards life!)...she's pretty much keeping my interest in the show. Soushi still annoys me though.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
nothing else being covered by Bamboo deserves #1 more than Chihayafuru. Nothing's even close.

True that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7