• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Gets Kurokami Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Neat! Smile

Too bad I don't get iaTV.

I actually flipped through this manga the other day. Seemed interesting enough. A little bit of dark elements thrown in with the normal standard fare. But I only glanced.

I hope this does well, because I know it will be a test for the new model of distribution. And this is what so many have been screaming to want for so long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jarmel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how they will deal with the DVDs, even though since they are done with dubbing they could release it ridiculously fast. I hope they add high quality streams then this is awesome. Now I just wait for FMA...
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quote
No one's pointed out the crazy hodgepodge of dub VAs this series has gotten. In addition to Bandai's standard pool of Bang Zoom (California) actors, they also got 4Kids (New York) & FUNimation (Texas) actors involved in this series as well. Crazy stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
No one cares about those Korean hybrids ...

Shush. Yes, the manga is by a Korean team, but the anime is a Japanese production. With the series in the capable hands of Sunrise, I can guarantee you that plenty of people care about Kurokami.

EDIT -- For the record: I do agree with you that we need more licenses of niche titles. I don't mind Bandai acquiring Kurokami in the slightest, however.

Dargonxtc wrote:
I actually flipped through this manga the other day. Seemed interesting enough. A little bit of dark elements thrown in with the normal standard fare. But I only glanced.

That, in a nutshell, pretty much sums up Kurokami. Based upon the first four volumes anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quote
hulu or Joost please. The majority of America doesn't get iaTV.

If it's online, Japanese audio with English subtitles please.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
No one's pointed out the crazy hodgepodge of dub VAs this series has gotten. In addition to Bandai's standard pool of Bang Zoom (California) actors, they also got 4Kids (New York) & FUNimation (Texas) actors involved in this series as well. Crazy stuff.

Well, lately Laura Bailey has been doing dubs in LA for quite some time, but yeah this is one interesting cast going on. And considering Michael Sinterniklaas is directing it, this is going to be an NYAV Post dub, am I right?
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Dang it, I was hoping it was being put onto Hulu or CR. There went my hopes, and the likelihood of me watching it. I don't get the station, and even if I did...I hate watching TV. Although I won't benefit from this, it's nice to see that they're doing something to knock off a point for fansubs....though I'm not entirely sure if doing it by limiting it to a station that it seems few people have is really the way to do it.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
For this to be successful they need to have iaTV in more places its to bad I don't get iaTV
Mohji

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of iaTV, I don't think their website has been updated in months.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
Dang it, I was hoping it was being put onto Hulu or CR. There went my hopes, and the likelihood of me watching it. I don't get the station, and even if I did...I hate watching TV. Although I won't benefit from this, it's nice to see that they're doing something to knock off a point for fansubs....though I'm not entirely sure if doing it by limiting it to a station that it seems few people have is really the way to do it.

That should actually encourage fansubs since none but a few areas in the US will get this. They need to stream it.
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm laughing at the absurdity of Bandai's marketing strategy. Announce the Broadcast of an anime shows that's being shown simultanously on an anime channel that virtually nobody has heard of and that nobody can get access to?

AHAHAHAHA

Let me start over ... Bandai should be shamed of itself ... this was lame @#$ weak marketing.

I blame Bandai for this absurd marketing strategy. Usually, when an anime distributor, who specializes in releasing DVD's, not in anime broadcasting, makes an announcement, we expect an announcement regarding DVD releases.

Just another example of Bandai failing to capture the thunder.

Bandai, next time you decide on an announcement, make sure that it's a DVD release and not a broadcast. I don't know of anyone who is familiar with iaTV. I know I've never heard of it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't effect me since I don't get this IATV thing. Mad
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote
You guys complaining about the lack of iaTV in the general world of TV now puts you guys where us Canadians are with Gurren Laggan, and [likely] Gundam 00. Except, people know, and care about GL and 00, where as Kurokami is relatively unknown (and not airing in Canada...).

And on the bright side, with the show airing on a non-Starz owned block there is a shot that us Canadians may even get it on a channel that people actually have.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Actually, they announced that be releasing the DVD's for the show as well.

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
I blame Bandai for this absurd marketing strategy. Usually, when an anime distributor, who specializes in releasing DVD's, not in anime broadcasting, makes an announcement, we expect an announcement regarding DVD releases.

Just another example of Bandai failing to capture the thunder.

Bandai, next time you decide on an announcement, make sure that it's a DVD release and not a broadcast. I don't know of anyone who is familiar with iaTV. I know I've never heard of it.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
You guys complaining about the lack of iaTV in the general world of TV now puts you guys where us Canadians are with Gurren Laggan, and [likely] Gundam 00. Except, people know, and care about GL and 00, where as Kurokami is relatively unknown (and not airing in Canada...).

And on the bright side, with the show airing on a non-Starz owned block there is a shot that us Canadians may even get it on a channel that people actually have.

But it's really sad when a distributor in your own country does this to you. Laughing

When facepalm doesn't quite cut it, you have to laugh at the absurdity of it all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6