• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Gets Kurokami Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Seems like an interesting extension of the same day sub releases that are becoming more popular now, but with subs and broadcast rather than streamed. Unfortunately, like Xam'd, this will be unavailable to me (but at least there is the promise of DVDs).

GATSU wrote:
That was underwhelming.

Dear N. American anime industry. No one cares about those Korean hybrids, because they generally come off as wannabes only slightly better than American knock-offs like Avatar. They may be cheaper than Japanese productions, but that's because there's not much thought put into the writing.

Yeah, those Korean bastards are born with an natural inability to write fiction. It will probably not be much better than those British, French and American hybrids like Howl's Moving Castle, Gankutsuou and Gedo Senki. They may, heaven forbid, even involve Korean animators like the ones who made such a mess of unpopular titles like Black Lagoon and Death Note.

For the record, I don't read Manhwa. I've also never read anything by Ursula le Guin, Dumas or Diana Wynne Jones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6