• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hakuōki Games Get New OVA, 3rd TV Series, 2 Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I feel about the prequels and whatnot, but the two seasons of Hakuouki were very enjoyable. I thought, from a historical fiction angle, it was very interesting, and raised interesting issues about the nature of modern warfare. From a supernatural perspective, they did a pretty good job of incorporating the ideas without it seeming crazy or silly.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Orange Hollow wrote:
Hasn't everybody died at the end of 2nd season?

That depends on your interpretation of the ending. They were animating Hiji's route by the way so you have to look that ending up to find out for yourself. Wink

Yippee!! More Hakuouki. Hope some of it actually makes it to the US.
shi666san

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Sarukah wrote:
The only source for sales numbers I've seen is VGCharts saying that it sold 30,000 copies. If they're anywhere in the ballpark, that is an incredible number.

Wow O.o hopefully it did do that well.
I'm pretty darn excited because more Hakuouki's always welcome in my book.
Now if the anime or Reimeiroku can be brought to the U.S, then that'll be even more awesome >Very Happy

EDIT: shouldn't it be fixed that Reimeiroku isn't a sequel to Hekketsuroku, but a prequel to Hakuouki?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
EDIT: shouldn't it be fixed that Reimeiroku isn't a sequel to Hekketsuroku, but a prequel to Hakuouki?

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Marcylittleninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote
I Love Japan.
I got the game today along with the artbook and the Soundtrack, Its super fricking amazing SERIOUSLY!!!!

So I woke up this morning, Check anime news, See this and almost died from Joy... Then I got back from uni to find The Pre Ordered Game had arrived... I've marked today as the best day EVER in my calender :'D

I cant wait for the 3rd series!!!!
JormelKaze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, when I got the game, I just knew it was an otome. I've been wanting to play one for a long time, but they never make it over here for localization. (they NEED to bring Alice in the Country of Hearts over. >.>) I just bought it because I had heard of it randomly and happened to have enough cash on hand when I went to gamestop.

Of course, playing the game has converted me into a Hakuoki fan. xD I didn't realize it was so popular over in Japan, so this announcement just made my day.

BTW, I went after Okita first. When he spoiler[died in the other time lines,] I cried. Not to mention Kazama's time line where spoiler[everyone dies. T.T] Next I went for Saito, then Heisuke. It seems those three are popular, huh? :'D
r0llchan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
wow, a 3rd season? hopefully, we get to see Kenshin and Shishio on this one... wait... im in the wrong series..? LOL!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2