• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 360+ Theaters to Run Sword of the Stranger in February

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b4k4ni04

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Saw this on DVD while i was in Japan this summer. ... If I find a theater near me, I'm going in.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
rektagunn wrote:
I am so there. Might even see it more than once. Support the industry!! We need more theaters showing anime!

That's going to be hard to do since it's a one time showing.

NCM Fathom and Bandai Entertainment bring the U.S. debut of SWORD OF THE STRANGER, one of the most rousing Samurai epics in recent memory, to select movie theatres nationwide for Only One Night –Thursday, February 5th at 7:30 PM (local).
HayateTokidoki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see anything on this on the website, but does anyone know if the screenings are going to be subbed or dubbed? If it's dubbed, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'd like to know in advance. I know they have the interviews with English voice actors playing with the movie, but I would think they'd hype up the fact that it would be the debut of the dub if that was the case...
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
HayateTokidoki wrote:
I didn't see anything on this on the website, but does anyone know if the screenings are going to be subbed or dubbed? If it's dubbed, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'd like to know in advance. I know they have the interviews with English voice actors playing with the movie, but I would think they'd hype up the fact that it would be the debut of the dub if that was the case...

Because the article mentions the English dub cast and the 3 NCM Fathom events that I've been to were all English dubs I'm going to take a guess here and say it's dubbed.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote
HayateTokidoki wrote:
I didn't see anything on this on the website, but does anyone know if the screenings are going to be subbed or dubbed? If it's dubbed, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'd like to know in advance.

Because if the characters talk in a language that you can, you know, actually understand, it must suck right? Rolling Eyes

I've been hearing good things about this movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Plus it's BONES, so it's gotta be good. Wink It's actually playing practically in my backyard here in St. Louis, so I'm stoked. I will definitely be there.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Anime World Order wrote:
Unless I hear that they've totally changed their act, I think I'll just stick to the Blu-Ray version of Sword of the Stranger.

According to Bandai (via Twitter), they'll be using D-5 Masters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2