• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why was a longer version of Daisuke Nakayama's "Global Astroliner" never produced?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbanu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Studio 4C helped him make a pilot episode (basically the OP and ED with a brief outline of the story in between) for the Amazing Nuts! DVD back in 2006. Most (American) folks I know who have seen it have reacted favorably. Is it a case where Daisuke Nakayama's style is not suitable for Japanese tastes? Is it a business or technical issue that kept things from progressing? What are your thoughts?
mbanu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I know that Nakayama founded his own studio (RealThing) a few years ago... they did the trailer for Korean anime Winter Sonata, (did he direct the actual anime as well? The Encyclopedia page is a little sparse...) and a few music videos, but I can't find much out past that... considering that Global Astroliner was his baby, I'd be surprised if he wasn't still pushing for it to be made in some form or another...

Is RealThing still around? Their website is dead, and I don't see any ANN Encyclopedia link... The latest I can find from them is an animated music video from 2010 they did for a group called "Yameen & Lady Alma": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvhh4juzQkM (Official Release by the artists themselves). Not sure if Nakayama worked on this one, but it is definitely his studio.)

*Edit: Hmm, looks like according to CATSUKA, they were still around in 2011 and working on putting out Global Astroliner as something more complete under the name "Ultra Ghost Attack Team"... The bear has turned into a bull, and Lala developed enormous eyebrows. Anime smile;; Anyone out there have any more info?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1