Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final 5 Naruto (Pre-Shippūden) Episodes Streamed


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1863

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome. It's almost here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge



Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Posts: 1039
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
"Not available in your region"

What the hell? I thought the episodes streaming on the main site were supposed to be available for all of North America?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Is this a sign that Cartoon Network has given up even bothering to air Naruto, if VIZ is having to finish the series online to get to the sequel series?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrianaTheBard



Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 34
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
As much as most people really dislike the dub and the series in general, I kind of enjoy it and am excited to see how the voice actors make the kids mature, especially Sakura and Naruto.

I hope CN doesn't give up Naruto... My family back home has dial-up (yeah, there is still dial-up out there) and my little sister LOVES the series. She cried when Toonami ended. CN and DVDs are her only way to get anime, so I hope CN doesn't give up all hope D;


Last edited by BrianaTheBard on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1863

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Is this a sign that Cartoon Network has given up even bothering to air Naruto, if VIZ is having to finish the series online to get to the sequel series?

The episodes are subbed, incase you didn't notice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Is this a sign that Cartoon Network has given up even bothering to air Naruto, if VIZ is having to finish the series online to get to the sequel series?

The episodes are subbed, incase you didn't notice.


I noticed, but there's been no word on the dub at all, not even a forum post by one of the dubbers or VAs saying they're on a dubbing hiatus. Working in a dub information vaccuum, and all these sub announcements, I was just getting worried that the dub is dead and we have to watch online to see new Naruto.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kakoishii



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 648

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Is this a sign that Cartoon Network has given up even bothering to air Naruto, if VIZ is having to finish the series online to get to the sequel series?

The episodes are subbed, incase you didn't notice.


I noticed, but there's been no word on the dub at all, not even a forum post by one of the dubbers or VAs saying they're on a dubbing hiatus. Working in a dub information vaccuum, and all these sub announcements, I was just getting worried that the dub is dead and we have to watch online to see new Naruto.

well, on another forum that many of the dub voice talents from Naruto frequent (and have post several times mind you), several of the voice actors have said dubbing on Shippuden has already begun. So, it's safe to say that even if CN moving at a ridiculously slow pace finishing out part 1 that you sister can be sure that at least the dvds will be available for her no matter what.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetstream2



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote
This is great news that the episodes are being put up but what about the dub? I prefer to watch the dub. Must I wait until the DVDs are released or until Cartoon Network decides they feel like airing the episodes? It will take many months for the DVDs to come out and who knows how long for them to air on TV. Why can't Viz just put it up in English and Japanese?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
"The requested Video can't be shown in your region"

This doesn't bode well for future UK realted Naruto web endevors...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThatOneMan



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
"The requested Video can't be shown in your region"

This doesn't bode well for future UK realted Naruto web endevors...


Naruto.com = Viz
Crunchyroll.com = TV Tokyo

Viz only has the NA license for Naruto therefore are not in a position to show it worldwide. TV Tokyo on he other hand has the worldwide rights.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
peachsncreamsoda



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 269

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Is this a sign that Cartoon Network has given up even bothering to air Naruto, if VIZ is having to finish the series online to get to the sequel series?

The episodes are subbed, incase you didn't notice.


I noticed, but there's been no word on the dub at all, not even a forum post by one of the dubbers or VAs saying they're on a dubbing hiatus. Working in a dub information vaccuum, and all these sub announcements, I was just getting worried that the dub is dead and we have to watch online to see new Naruto.

well, on another forum that many of the dub voice talents from Naruto frequent (and have post several times mind you), several of the voice actors have said dubbing on Shippuden has already begun. So, it's safe to say that even if CN moving at a ridiculously slow pace finishing out part 1 that you sister can be sure that at least the dvds will be available for her no matter what.



i hope your right about shippuden being dubbed, i've been hoping they would Anime catgrin (not to mention waiting to hear news on it) . but if they are, is it going to be just on DVD, or would they be posting it on the site too? or will it (eventually) be on CN i wonder?.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
peachsncreamsoda



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 269

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
actually nevermind Anime catgrin + sweatdrop . either they posted a new trailer recently or im really slow with the news lately because i just watched one of the trailers on the site and it was indeed shippuden, and it was indeed dubbed. (last time i checked for a trailer it was just the OP). now i only wonder if its gonna be posted on the site, or eventually be on CN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pepperidge



Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Posts: 1039
Location: British Columbia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
ThatOneMan wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
"The requested Video can't be shown in your region"

This doesn't bode well for future UK realted Naruto web endevors...


Naruto.com = Viz
Crunchyroll.com = TV Tokyo

Viz only has the NA license for Naruto therefore are not in a position to show it worldwide. TV Tokyo on he other hand has the worldwide rights.


That doesn't explain why it isn't working in Canada.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emerje



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 6321
Location: Maine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
or will it (eventually) be on CN i wonder?.....


I would imagine CN is struggling to figure out the best way to handle the show since the show is on par with Bleach in many ways and even out does Bleach in others (particularly in spoiler[killing off well known characters on both sides]). Where Bleach is on Adult Swim and Shippuuden is on regular Cartoon Network, I'm sure that makes things awkward for them.

Emerje
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlackJaded



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
or will it (eventually) be on CN i wonder?.....


I would imagine CN is struggling to figure out the best way to handle the show since the show is on par with Bleach in many ways and even out does Bleach in others (particularly in spoiler[killing off well known characters on both sides]). Where Bleach is on Adult Swim and Shippuuden is on regular Cartoon Network, I'm sure that makes things awkward for them.

Emerje


Well The best way to do this is to make Naruto head down Adult Swim, anyway this should happened or just head to SCI-FI! That's the only way that there gonna decide over this on their programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group