• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Entertainment to Distribute Samurai Champloo 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJTyrant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
As much as I love to see this again...No Eva makes me sad Sad
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
Already have the box set....
sailorsean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
What about all the anime that should been licensed? In the end only three new animes were newly licensed from Japan... But still, I will check out some of these shows such as: Ikki Tousen, Nabari no Ou, Oh! Edo Rocket, The Count of Monte Cristo, Slayers Revolution, and Samurai Champloo... I didn't get to see most of these shows first time around so I feel lucky being able to have the chance of watching them this time around... However the rest of the shows that were announced are just... blah... In my opinion. Confused

But what about all the other anime that should have been licensed/ should have been on the list??? For example: Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, Soul Eater, Seto no Hanayome, Mushi-Uta, Hell Girl 2, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers, Kanokan, Rosario to Vampire + Capu2, Shuffle! Memories, Kanon (2002), Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Moyashimon, Monster, Murder Princess, Natsume Yuujinchou, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Shankugan no Shana Season 2 + Movie, Shugo Chara, Ah! My Goddess TV Special OVA (2007)

And also a I've noticed that alot of you would like a Cardcaptor Sakura license rescue, which wouldn't be bad at all, if it is also followed with Haibane Renmei, Paranoia Agent, Trigun, Tenshi, Kannazuki no Miko, Chobits, Pretty Sammy, Sailor Moon, Popotan, Strawberry Marshmellow, I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs, Hand Maid May, Doki Doki School Hours, or Ah! My Goddess The Movie + The Adventures of Mini-Goddesses... Just to name a few... Oh, and if Funimation manages to get all of these, (I doubt that will ever happen though, I can dream) then I think my brain would explode!!! Razz lol

Well, on a finishing note: I just want to say two things to Funimation, and they are... Good Job! and Thank You for all that you have done for us fans this past year. You came and helped the anime industry grow... without you, I really wouldn't know what do... I mean you have such affordable and cheap box sets and you don't screw up when giving the fans what they want. So I respect you for that. So I pray to god that you will never pull-out like Geneon because if that ever happens, us Otaku's will fight to keep you in business! Laughing So I just want to say Happy New Year Funimation, And may 2009 be a Stronger year for anime licenses.

Last edited by sailorsean on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
pakli1988

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
Thank you for FUNimation licensing Samurai Champloo after Geneon's license expired.
zanarkand princess

I'm really happy this got rescued but....No Eva? Please say it's tomorrow. Crying or Very sad
Zhemos88

ummm wow

I'm going to bed.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Now I can FINALLY get a cheap boxset for this awesome show.
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
God, this was just plain fail... that makes me 2-8.

20% is in the deep F area for U.S. school systems... so fail. What a way to end the year... *depressio~n*
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quote
How much do they need? This is nice for those who never got it, but did this really need to be picked up?

I vote CCS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rankothefiremage

this makes me happy not because i like funi or anything but because i already got all the geneon titles listed, so only slayers will be on my list limited the amount of money i'll need to give to funisoft.

-Gabe, bitter 90's anime fan
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DJTyrant

sailorsean wrote:
Rosario to Vampire + Capu2

First season hasn't even been licensed yet. I am really baffled at that one.
Josh7289

YES!, shouted Josh in the middle of the night.

This is good, this is very good. You know why? Because now! Maybe!Hopefully!We can get! A Blu-ray release!
akatsukinotobi

Well, so much for Soul Eater =( Would've been nice if there were a few more new shows instead of just relicenses of shows that've been released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calculusman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quote
The only thing I really have to say is this:

1) are we really finished with this new show a-go-go thing?

2) If so, what's up with the clues that suggested Soul Eater and Evangelion? Neither of those clues seemed to suggest either Gungrave, Samurai Champloo, Nabari no Ou, or Slayers as far as I can tell.

Did Funi plan to announce them, then have something happen so that they had to pull back?
TheTheory

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quote
Another surprise! Definitely a series that should not be OOP. Makes me a little bit woeful that I jumped the gun in getting an ebay-priced set about three months back, but definitely a great series and I'm glad it'll be available again.

(now, fingers crossed for Soul Eater someday, sometime)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9