• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket Artbox Only

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:34 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
The box isn't that bad looking. Should I buy the box? I already have 3 of the 4 DVD (need to get the last one too). Shipping might kill the deal though.

if there are other things you plan on buying, I suggest you pre-order the box, since rightstuf gives free shipping on all orders (including pre-orders) over $100, so if you pre order a couple dvds and the box even though they will be shipped at different dates, the shipping is still free
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
The box isn't that bad looking. Should I buy the box? I already have 3 of the 4 DVD (need to get the last one too). Shipping might kill the deal though.

darkhunter, if you're that far into the collection, I'd say buy the box.

But for those of you who are wanting to get the actual boxed set of the series, Deep Discount DVD is now having preorders for $71.96. A very good deal I may have to take when they have that additional 20% discount later this year.

I hear it's an excellent series, and I'm curious to see (and hear) how FUNimation has done (as I have not yet seen anything post DB/Z/GT, though I saw Tenchi Muyo! GXP, but most of the VAs were non-FUNi, good subs though! Smile).
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
So the box is being sold seperately? Guess I have to go out and buy each dvd individually now. Anyone know where I can buy all four for a nice deal?

Search for "Used DVD" sites on the net.

I'm not gonna outright recommend them, but one of the biggest online is: http://www.secondspin.com/
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Vigilante024 wrote:
darkhunter wrote:

if there are other things you plan on buying, I suggest you pre-order the box, since rightstuf gives free shipping on all orders (including pre-orders) over $100, so if you pre order a couple dvds and the box even though they will be shipped at different dates, the shipping is still free

Well I just brought the Full Metal Panic DVD1+Box for 15 dollar plus shipping just a week before this was announce. So I would hate to buy something again so soon and pay another 4 dollar shipping for it. The box is 10 dollar and shipping is 4 dollar. Too bad deep discount don't sell the box by itself, then I can get free shipping.
Kimura Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:41 am Reply with quote
Nice, at least there's a picture of the onigiri on the box i don't mind. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2