• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Berserk Film's BD/DVD Slated for May 23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 am Reply with quote
Please let someone license these films so i can have an Anime adaption of Berserk on my shelf that actually makes sense for the Golden Age Arc. You know, one with the Skull Knight from the Manga perhaps??
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
If they put english subtitles on that Blu Ray, I will pay the 7000 yen (or whatever price point they decide) and import it. I would gladly pay that amount to support Miura in anyway possible and to let him know, in a very small way, that American fans love Berserk and for him to know we support him and will for many years to come.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
I'd put money on someone either already having the license for North America or a solid offer has been made for it. My bet on who would either be FUNimation or Sentai. I think Media Blasters is out of the licensing game for the foreseeable future.
RyoGTO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Released a day after my birthday--I am so anxious to watch this movie. I even re-read the entire manga last month in anticipation--so good.

Toriko36 wrote:
If they put english subtitles on that Blu Ray, I will pay the 7000 yen (or whatever price point they decide) and import it. I would gladly pay that amount to support Miura in anyway possible and to let him know, in a very small way, that American fans love Berserk and for him to know we support him and will for many years to come.

To be honest I may just buy the Japanese version simply for the sake of owning it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
I'd put money on someone either already having the license for North America or a solid offer has been made for it. My bet on who would either be FUNimation or Sentai. I think Media Blasters is out of the licensing game for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't. And even if they did, we wouldn't find out until AX, and the release wouldn't be until sometime in 2013.
RyoGTO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I bought myself a copy--can pre-order it here:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/s/detailview.html?KEY=VPXV-71219

First press release of the Bluray is limited edition and comes with original artwork by Kentaro Miura and the discs contain 80 minutes of bonus material + some other stuff:

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=620
Toriko36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
RyoGTO wrote:
Awesome! Released a day after my birthday--I am so anxious to watch this movie. I even re-read the entire manga last month in anticipation--so good.

Toriko36 wrote:

To be honest I may just buy the Japanese version simply for the sake of owning it.

I may just do the same. Granted, I've seen the TV series about 12 times and have re-read the manga about 3 or 4 times, so I do have a pretty good understanding of the story without understanding Japanese fluently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1