• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Here We Go Again! What Manga Do You Want To See Licensed?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see...

By VIZ

Kaito Kid: Big Conan fan, would love to see this published stateside as well!

Space Invader Lum Re-prints: This classic needs the VIZ big treatment imo.

Zetman: I have been enjoying the anime and would love to see the manga picked up and released under VIZ's Sig line.

By Vertical

Fist Of The North Star: Seriously, this series needs a proper U.S. release!

Lupin The Third: This has been out of print for quite some time, would love to see vertical save it and give it some nice fancy omnibuses!

By Yen Press

Gurren Laggan: It's Gainax, its fun, and I was collecting the Bandai volumes until the bowed out of the industry.

HighSchool DAnime hyper : Series with Supernatural elements seem to be doing well for them, so why not get more. I would like to see this localized as its one of the few ecchi i actually enjoy (what can I say i'm a sucker for red heads & demon chicks. Laughing )

Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt: Gainax insanity in comic form...GO!

Squid Girl: Anime is cute, fun, and relaxing, i'm sure the manga would be too.

By Kodansha

Big-O: I would love to see the Big-O manga saved & re-printed in Omnibuses by KodaUSA!

By ANYBODY!!!

The Rest of the Disgaea & Related works (Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom,etc) Artbooks, Manga & Light Novels: I would literally KILL to see the rest of the Disgaea publications brought stateside, i'm a huge NIS/NISA fan and this would be a dream come true for me. But sadly it will probably never happen. Crying or Very sad

The Rest of the Kingdom Hearts Manga and the Novels: Same reason as Abouve. seriously why won't Disney self publish? The evil b*******!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And those are my manga related desires as of now.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
seconded on gurren lagann, id just got the first volume when bandi packed in like a gang of....well lets just say i have no kind words for em.

ooh also id like to add Boys on the run and I am a hero to the wish list.

also more lupin wouldnt go amiss, i got 3 of the ones tokyopop put out
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:31 am Reply with quote
Seto No Hanayome; Please Yen Press, you get tones of money, fame and money with the OEL Novel adaptations, give me some Chivalrous Mermaid nonsense for putting up with it!
yamata no orochi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. One of the best shonen-esque manga of the past few years, and none of the publishers have even touched it! It's pretty shocking, really.

Also Shin Angyo Onshi, I suppose. Technically it's manhwa but it remains one of the better manga I've read, and it's a pity that it hasn't been translated into English.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
yamata no orochi wrote:
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. One of the best shonen-esque manga of the past few years, and none of the publishers have even touched it! It's pretty shocking, really.
JManga's got the first volume.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:16 am Reply with quote
is that one of those online only deals?

i dont buy digital manga, paperbacks only here
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
is that one of those online only deals?
Yes.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see, Macross The First by Haruhiko Mikimoto licensed. I know, however, that it's not going to happen with the whole Harmony Gold/Big West situation.

I wish HG would realize that Robotech is pretty much a dead franchise and let it slip away into obscurity.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
-Shin Angyo Onshi/Blade of the Phantom Master
-Shigurui
-Oyasumi Punpun/Goodnight Punpun (and other works by Inio Asano, like Nijigahara Holograph)
-I Am a Hero
-Zetman
-Vinland Saga
-Akumetsu
-Takemitsu Zamurai (and other works by Taiyo Matsumoto like Ping Pong and Zero)
-Liar Game
-Soil
-National Quiz
-Deadman Wonderland (reprint)
-Planetes (reprint)
-Homunculus
-All Rounder Meguru
-Memories of Emanon

Last edited by NeburPT on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
TOBAKU HAODEN ZERO: Sort of like a shonen version of KAIJI, As much as I love KAIJI I prefer ZERO for its faster pace and all-around more entertaining storyteling. But Kaiji is still a better, more interesting, character(Zero is more of a typical shonen genius.) I'd also like to see KAIJI liscensced, though I didn't like the third series(not even the awesomeness of Kaiji could get me interested in Mah Johng.)

Left Hand of God... and FOURTEEN: Two of the most deranged manga I've ever read. FOURTEEN in particular, I was never sure if I was reading an accurate translation or if the translators got so fed up with the manga's craziness that they just made up the stupidest most ridiculous dialogue they could think of.

MOON PHASE: it seems like ANY manga with vampires is doing well these days so I think it'sime to give this one another chance. My favorite moe vampire romance.
penny69

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Magi- The Labyrinth of Magic: It's the first action shonen series in a good while to seriously interest me and not only does it have potential, but it surprisingly lives up to it to the point where I think it could become something in the realm of FMA whenever it gets an anime. But of course I'd like to see the manga come over first. Though it's a Shonen Sunday series and Viz hasn't been getting much of those lately...or any new shonen titles for that matter

You all probably gonna call me a noob but i don't really get the whole licensed thing. But anyways i've bought the first 6 mangas of Magi ( in french ) and god do i like it ! I was just wiondering though why I can't find it here i wish i could add it to my manga list Smile
GVman

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
They're talking about manga getting licensed for publication in their home countries. I'm assuming most of them are from the US, as this website is US-based.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
some of us are in the uk but we push for US licenses because the vast majority of the UK manga scene is table scraps from the american market.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Rose of Versailles
Chihayafuru
Ikoku no Meiro Croisee

The latter two because I want to see their stories to completion.

And It's just a crime ROV is not released in English.

edit: And since people are also talking about things that were licensed but never finished....I would really like to see the rest of Nodame Cantabile including Opera Hen (in my opinion the real conclusion) released here.
penny69

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
They're talking about manga getting licensed for publication in their home countries. I'm assuming most of them are from the US, as this website is US-based.

Thanks for answering ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4