• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight: Spring 2012

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
With Winter shows coming to an end, how long could it be until we start getting some streaming announcements? I'm revved up for this season.

Probably later this week, maybe even tomorrow at least for some of the stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
With Winter shows coming to an end, how long could it be until we start getting some streaming announcements? I'm revved up for this season.

That really depends on the companies.
Most are generally announced within days of it airing, some well after.

We've already had 3 from CR thus far.

Hiiro No Kakera
Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos
OZMA
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Yay, Kids on the Slope!! Obviously I'm going to watch this! Anime hyper
ABCBTom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Hate to be that guy, but the new Lupin III is not on the list, and that's a show of the season if there ever was one.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Arashi no Yoru ni wrote:

Rie Kugimiya as Mei

Just who the hell came up with this shyte!!!
Quote:
Inuko Shiba seems like an ordinary middle school student... but her close friend Chako Ishibashi has the nagging suspicion that her friend might actually be a dog. Each episode will be two-minutes in length.

How did this gobshyte get on the television!?!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm more than a bit worried about Apollon since I've heard that all 9 volumes of the manga are going to be compressed into just 12 episodes but I really hope that it all works out well, that trailer certainly looked really cool.
zeonozero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I always like spring, theres lots of shows
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I'm more than a bit worried about Apollon since I've heard that all 9 volumes of the manga are going to be compressed into just 12 episodes but I really hope that it all works out well, that trailer certainly looked really cool.

Well hey, if the 112 minute Scott Pilgrim movie was able to pull off the adaptation of a six-volume comic, I don't think it's so infeasible. And besides, this is more slice of life, and Watanabe's a vet, so I won't be worried.

Man, I don't care for a whole lot of jazz, but I've really grown to appreciate it freshmen year of college, and have loved much of Kanno's music. Sure hope to fit time in m schedule to see this. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:54 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
I wonder of Anshin'in's words will be true and she'll end the manga before the anime starts.

Considering the spoilers that just came out for the next chapter, yes she will, unless Nisio is in trolling mode.

When is Nisio not in trolling mode? Trolling is such a part of Nisio these days that you shouldn't be saying Nisio is in trolling mode, you should say that he's in a non-trolling mode for the rare times he isn't.

The manga will continue 100%.

A new arc is kicking off this week in jump, lol @ people falling for obvious Nisio trolling.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
How exactly did they do the Spotlight article on Natsuiro Kiseki without mentioning the word Sphere once? LOL!
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Westlo wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
I wonder of Anshin'in's words will be true and she'll end the manga before the anime starts.

Considering the spoilers that just came out for the next chapter, yes she will, unless Nisio is in trolling mode.

When is Nisio not in trolling mode? Trolling is such a part of Nisio these days that you shouldn't be saying Nisio is in trolling mode, you should say that he's in a non-trolling mode for the rare times he isn't.

A new arc is kicking off this week in jump, lol @ people falling for obvious Nisio trolling.

Funnily enough you're the one making predictions susceptible to his trolling.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
Looking at the full list now, I hadn't heard about Gakkatsu! before, but it looks kind of interesting. I suppose it's not likely to get a North American simulcast, though.

Well, no matter, just give me Uchū Kyōdai and Eureka Seven Ao and have them not suck, and I'll be very happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Westlo wrote:
Westlo wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Funnily enough you're the one making predictions susceptible to his trolling.

Wait, what? Jump announced that a new arc was starting...So where's the "prediction" here?
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
Wait, what? Jump announced that a new arc was starting...So where's the "prediction" here?

If Nisio's constantly in a "trolling mode", he could very well end the manga 2 chapters in the new arc or in any other time without much prior notice. THat would make any predictions susceptible to trolling.

Not that I care much when he ends it.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
This season is looking pretty good for me! There's jormungand, space bros., kids on the slope, shirokuma cafe, lupin 3rd, zetman, fate zero season 2, tsuritama, and natsuiro kiseki, and accelerate world!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 19