• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Samurai Pizza Cats/Cats Toninden Teyande

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
StudioToledo wrote:
Quote:
While they're at bringing over old, uncut hackjob dub children's anime, can they please release some uncut Monster Farm or Space-Time Detective Genshi-kun?

I'd rather these got a shot too..
Belle & Sebastian
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
The Adventures of the Little Koala
Dragon Warrior (the first Dragon Quest anime)
Honey Honey
Maple Town

Don't forget Mighty Orbots and Queen Millenia

Besides, is it really too hard to include the spanish dub alongside the english dub; I remember watching it on TV and you could feel the spanish voice actors had a blast doing it.

Last edited by mangamuscle on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow... too bad these couldn't be released together! Although I've heard the series is better as a dub, I'd probaby get it subbed. Why? I tried rewatching it a few years ago (without nostalgia goggles on) and yeah I just couldn't watch past an episode... A subbed version on the other hand I'd do! I've LOVE to see how it was originally! Plus, I'd want to support subbed versions of kid's shows, because this is a shocker!

Monster Farm being considered as a hybrid release?! Wow that topic from a few months back gave me hope!! Only ONE episode has ever been released as a fansub, and I want more... the whole thing... subbed... on DVD...

Now if ONLY uncut Digimon subs on DVD were to see the light of day (with NON dubtitles...) along with Sailor Moon...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Oh wow... too bad these couldn't be released together! Although I've heard the series is better as a dub, I'd probaby get it subbed. Why? I tried rewatching it a few years ago (without nostalgia goggles on) and yeah I just couldn't watch past an episode...

I'm obviously going to buy this the moment it comes out but this is basically how I see it going for me.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Discotek is so awesome. I missed the first time around because well it was only 6:00 or 6:30. Well waking up to the english dub or that sailor moon wasn't fun before school. This pretty cool that got licenese and the original version too. Since mentioned Shout Factory is awesome too for Sabian deal. For those who can't wait for dvds all of PR, VR Troopers, Beetle Borgs are on netflix streaming. Now if only my wish could come true for them to license Beast Wars II, BW Neo, Trasnformers: Car Robots (aka Robots In Disguise).
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope Netflix gets the subbed version. I'd love to rent it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering how they're going to market the sub version. It might prove beneficial to translate the title, because there doesn't seem to be a consistant way of romanizing it. Is it "Kyatto Ninden Teyandee" or "Cats Toninden Teyande"?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope Maya the Bee gets a release next.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see a Mighty Orbots released. The only show that was on VHS but, like ONE tape. We could use some Bionic Six too. Now about Macross and Robot Carnival. Show some love.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
OMFG!!

This is the best news ever! I've been dying to own this series for years!

Shut up and take my money, Discotek!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
OK, so while we're at it, how about The Littl' Bits too? Laughing

Yep, that show has it's fans, nuts enough to put out something like this some years back.

FLCLGainax wrote:
What they could advertise is the fact that they have 12 episodes of the dubbed version which were previously banned from American TV. Saban only aired 40 episodes out of 52 in the US, while Canada and Europe got to see more. It is often assumed these episodes were dropped for being politically-incorrect or too violent for children's TV at the time.

Yeah, I reminded myself there were still a bunch of episodes we didn't get, so they do have that.

GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Okay, how about Superbook,Flying House,Noozles,Swiss Family Robinson and license rescuing Pioneer/Geneon's Lupin the 3rd?

I forgot this one...
The Jungle Book

mangamuscle wrote:
Don't forget Mighty Orbots and Queen Millenia

Of course that version of Queen Millennia was sandwiched into Captain Harlock when it did show up here. Still wouldn't mind that anyway.

Quote:
Besides, is it really too hard to include the spanish dub alongside the english dub; I remember watching it on TV and you could feel the spanish voice actors had a blast doing it.

You would think they would care to include 'em.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
I also request Moomins!!
Wooga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I would pay any amount of money for Fighting Foodons. Am I the only one? I can't be...
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Ladies and gentlemen, the Samurai Pizza Cats fan club oath!

The Pizza Cats are samurai,
and I would like to note...

Their antics take your breath away,
like furballs in your throat!

We kittens are a special breed,
we don't call retreat!

When Big Cheese knocks us down,
we land upon our feet!

So hail to thee, O Pizza Cat!
Please ring your little bell!

Although you may be pen and ink,
we know you will fight like...

PIZZA CATS!

Zac wrote:
I'm obviously going to buy this the moment it comes out but this is basically how I see it going for me.

You wanted this show, Zac. You got it. You can't just pull a 180 just because your show deals in material that you enjoyed 20 years ago. Reap what you sow.

Last edited by KabaKabaFruit on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Glad it's getting an official R1 release, I've long to see the Japanese version after I've heard it's different compared to the English dub. Course as an avid English dub watcher I do love the English dub like any other.

This will also be a great opurtunity for those who never seen the anime or weren't alive when it aired in America will finally be able to.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
WatchforMoons7 wrote:
This is a humorous show. Glad to hear it's licensed.

well this is a definite blast from the past. though the dub was edited at best since it came in the same year when DIC brought out the eng dub of sailor moon, i expect a lot of people will get the bilngual version to see how much of it have been alteres.

but though it was edited, it was definitely fun to watch, and perfect to get a young audience into anime in this era, if naruto isn't their thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7