• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Indicates Possibility of More Code Geass

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
More Code Geass?

JIBUN NOOO.
pparker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I say continue it with C.C., with Lelouch popping in for cameos from the beyond, and reveal fully her story. For plot to drive the show, she picks up another Britannia brat (in similar vein plotwise to Death Note as in spoiler[killing off L in Death Note and then introducing Near]). Lelouch is about 50/50 Light and L anyway, and Lelouch' could be a nastier little bugger intent on ruling the entire planet. Well... something like that anyway Smile

Last edited by pparker on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Now this is completely OT and not related to them doing a third season or anything like that, but even though it's pronounced "Gi-aws", anyone else tempted to say "GEEEESSSEEEE" like Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury when they think of this show?
ruhi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote
scortia wrote:
Why R3 (or an OAV) is completely possible after season 2's ending:

spoiler[Lelouch got the Code that Charles wanted for himself. Charles "died", permanently, in the middle of R2 so he obviously didn't retain the Code. (I'm not pretending to know that entire alternate reality segment of R2. It made virtually no sense at all... just Sunrise being Sunrise.)

More evidence that Lulu got the Code is that when Nunally touched him as he was dying she had that rush of memories from Lelouch. CC had the same thing happen when she was touched because she had the Code.

And of course, the title of the series is "Code Geass". The ultimate is to have both, which Lelouch attained.

Lastly, Lulu is driving the hay cart. The end.]

I agree with you. spoiler[ Charles might had transferred his Code to Lulu when he put his hand around Lulu's neck. This is probably why Nunnally could see Lulu's memories when she touched him, just like Lulu saw CC's memories when he touched CC back in Season 1.

Plus, If you see the last scene carefully, CC was initially looking at the sky when she was talking, but then she tilted her head further back towards the direction of the cart puller, when she asked "Right? Lelouch." So, she might be talking to the cart puller, who was Lulu. And she said it is slightly incorrect to say that Geass power makes people alone, indicating that she was with Lulu.]

I hope there will be no more season 3. OVA will be enough, because the ending of R2 is great.

Last edited by ruhi on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Well they might bring out some kinda of OVA version of it on how it all began.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
This is the exact reason they didn'tspoiler[clear up the matter of Lulu's death. To leave things open for what I'm now going to call Code Geass: SD]
Sorry but I really don't have any faith left in Sunrise. Sad

Actually both the guide and Okouchi comfirmed the fate of Lelouch.

spoiler[He's dead]
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Lelouch is spoiler[dead] for the time being. After all, Nunnally was officially spoiler[killed off] (official website said so), only to be spoiler[brought back] five episodes later (official website was changed).

As some people before me have stated, he'll only stay spoiler[dead] as long as it is convenient to keep him that way.

And my faith in Sunrise has definitely taken a hit. Remember all those people who were saying that the director and/or Sunrise were "trolling them"? I was one of them; I just felt so betrayed. You cannot just spoiler[resurrect characters who clearly died, or who were listed as officially dead. It just cheapens the original impact of their death, while cheapening the impact of anyone who dies later (because we know they'll probably be brought back anyway).]
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quote
I'll care once the english dub of Code Geass R2 finishes airing, and also when this new anime series has been licensed by an American company and has started being english dubbed.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
That's a long time until you start caring lol.
From the way they're milking things it might be a lelouch/kallen/C.C hentai OVA and that's all Rolling Eyes
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:17 am Reply with quote
That's a long time until you start caring lol.
From the way they're milking things it might be a lelouch/kallen/C.C hentai OVA and that's all Rolling Eyes

Not to go off-topic or anything, but I only watch anime english dubbed, which is why I am gonna wait that long.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quote
I figured that from your post. I don't care either way sub or dub is fine whatever has the best acting I guess. In CG's particular case I'm a huge fan of Jun Fukuyama but I prefer the rest of the english cast so I usually go with the dub.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quote
I figured that from your post. I don't care either way sub or dub is fine whatever has the best acting I guess. In CG's particular case I'm a huge fan of Jun Fukuyama but I prefer the rest of the english cast so I usually go with the dub.

I can be very predictable I guess Laughing.

You have some very good points there Anime smile.

As for me, I only watch Code Geass R2 english dubbed because I despise watching anime subbed or RAW Mad.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote

Well I'm preety sure the english cast will be used for this new project if it ever happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Yes, Lelouch is spoiler[dead] for the time being. After all, Nunnally was officially spoiler[killed off] (official website said so), only to be spoiler[brought back] five episodes later (official website was changed).

As some people before me have stated, he'll only stay spoiler[dead] as long as it is convenient to keep him that way.

And my faith in Sunrise has definitely taken a hit. Remember all those people who were saying that the director and/or Sunrise were "trolling them"? I was one of them; I just felt so betrayed. You cannot just spoiler[resurrect characters who clearly died, or who were listed as officially dead. It just cheapens the original impact of their death, while cheapening the impact of anyone who dies later (because we know they'll probably be brought back anyway).]

The Official Site was made by Biglobe which why it was inaccurate. I don't see how Okouchi can state something than make up some excuse like how he was talking metaphorically when he wasn't.

Okouchi's statements would lose all meaning if he tried that stunt.
IxVashxI

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quote
spoiler[ Something, strange might happen like, Lulu mysteriously aquired his mothers geass power. the power to take over bodies or somethin. i dont know but, if he comes back like that is kinda lame. which i'm guessing they are gonna do. just a guess.]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7