• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Indicates Possibility of More Code Geass

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Although, I don’t like bringing the dead to life, I don’t mind Lelouch being alive. His being alive is a lot less lame than Cornelia or Guilford being among living. The theory, in which Lelouch acquired Charles’s code, is quite a good theory and it fits in with the story and the title.]
sunoccard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote
lelouch is spoiler[alive] proof is in the last ten seconds of the final EP, jesus how about some common sense, as for the story line, it can still be made into a well run plot. prob, the first thing is that geass users are spoiler[still alive], secound is that suzakuspoiler[ fails at being zero and needs lelouch to come back]. and for the love of god someone big has to die, the only people that really died last season was spoiler[Charles, Marianne rolo, and Shirley], all of whom needed to die, but really it seems like they are trying to much to keep everyone alive. Killing off a person like guilford, or maybe Nina.

and one of my more personal things I'd like to see is them tell the story behind rakshad and Lloyd there is some story behind that that they didn't say, and left hanging
MoldyChip

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:07 am Reply with quote
If they do a sequel then I want C.C to be in it. It'd be cool if C.C had lulus child without anybody knowing. because of spoiler[r2 ep23 had lulu and c.c in a room alone holding hands.]
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 am Reply with quote
That's not how babies are made
pparker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
That's not how babies are made

LOL, that made my day already Laughing

But now it's the story twist I most want to see, too.
XXxivilaiXX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:47 am Reply with quote
uhm yeah it appears at the end lelouche is alive and well.
he told CC she would die with a smile on her face which would require his living and at the final 10 seconds of the last episode she directs a sentence at the cart driver which one can only conclude is lelouche which is completely possible as he may have taken her code because the ending didn't require his literal death it required his figurative death as for the world to think he's dead even tho he promised hed die he didn't really need to die as long as everyone thought he was dead itd send the same message and as everyone should know that when CC is mortally wounded she just passes out(and appears dead) and heals so in my opinion lelouche is alive and a continuation should be starting soon
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
XXxivilaiXX wrote:
uhm yeah it appears at the end lelouche is alive and well.
he told CC she would die with a smile on her face which would require his living and at the final 10 seconds of the last episode she directs a sentence at the cart driver which one can only conclude is lelouche which is completely possible as he may have taken her code because the ending didn't require his literal death it required his figurative death as for the world to think he's dead even tho he promised hed die he didn't really need to die as long as everyone thought he was dead itd send the same message and as everyone should know that when CC is mortally wounded she just passes out(and appears dead) and heals so in my opinion lelouche is alive and a continuation should be starting soon

Don't bring up month old topics

Also the guide book reveals the fate of Lelouch

He's spoiler[dead] they mention this 5 times, and explain why he did what he did.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quote
Having had no interest in this series, I remain unphased to learn that spoiler[take a wild guess]. It'll be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts to Sunrise's means of compensating for this though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote
Code Geass R2 is worth it just for the unintentional comedy of the series.
Gideon Krieg

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I just finished reading this old article and thought that since the [adult swim] run of this show ends in a couple of weeks the viewers seeing it for the first time may want to comment about what they think about a possible new Code Geass show here in Talkback.

My opinion spoiler[ since the ending is left so wide open for interpretation ] is that we'll see something new in the future.

Considering that after the original Gundam 0079 ended, the Roman Album Extra number 35 listed Char Aznable in a similar way to Lelouch spoiler[ that being that he had died at Aboa Qu. ] Obviously this was not the case spoiler[ because in Zeta Gundam Char makes a comback as Quatro Bagina.]

Based on everyting I've read thus far about Geass spoiler[ from the translations of the 2008 Continue 42 articles, to the Nov. 2008 Newtype Articles, to the R2 Official Guidebook;] I can see Sunrise changing things spoiler[ so that Lelouch Lamprouge is alive while claiming that Lelouch vi Britainnia is dead (in the manner that Suzaku is Dead and is now Zero.)] just to further the franchise; and why not?

Who says that things would remain that way were for very long? spoiler[the world peace brought about by Lulu's death I mean]

I can imagine what the new series might be like; spoiler[ the Anti-Black-Knight Union Group (ABUG) is fighting a covert war against the elite forces of the Black-Knight peace-keepers of the world (The Black Titans). A new character (a young girl/boy) get's caught up in their conflict and meets Quatro Lamprouge....you guys know the rest. Very Happy ]

It could happen... Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
I don't know how this would be possible. spoiler[Considering the main character, lelouche is dead, I don't think it would be possible to continue the story. Unless the new season was named Code Rollo or such.]

But Johnny Bosch dubbed the main character, so I've been meaning to check out this series.
Gideon Krieg

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
From the standpoint of the story, you are correct.
However, from a business standpoint it's clear that this franchise has far too much potential for me to assume that Sunrise won't milk it like they have done with Gundam (and are still doing).

It doesn't matter that the story appears to end spoiler[with the death of Lelouche.]

Taniguichi added the sequence of CC's monologue for a reason. spoiler[That being to allow Sunrise/Bandai the oportunity to continue the story with its main protagonist, Lelouch alive, should the show prove to be profitable enough to make it worth while to do so.]

Considering the press statement released by Sunrise/Bandai (as stated in the article) I'd say we've not seen the last of this show spoiler[or Lelouch Lamprouge for that matter. There are enough fans who want this character alive to merit more story with him in it IMHO.]

It seems to be the custom and policy of Science-Fiction/Fantasy writers and movie-makers to rewrite events to fit a sequel.

It's been done in every major Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror franchise I know of both Eastern and Western.

A short list looks like this;
(In spoilers to prevent any hints to the events of R2's ending)

spoiler[
1) Star Trek 2: Spock died (officially), Nimoy even said "No More" to being Spock, but he came back in ST3 and continued on for three more movies and an episode of ST:TNG. ]

spoiler[
2) Star Wars: a)The Emperor dies in Jedi and comes back in the Dark Empire Trilogy. b) Boba Fett dies in the sarlack pit in Jedi and comes back in a graphic novel series that explains he escaped somehow. c) Also, if you watch these movies in order of their debut rather than their chronological number (i.e. 4,5,6, then 1,2,3) you are shocked to learn that Darth Vader is Luke's father because we are told by Obiwan that Vader killed Anakin (which technically he did, the persona of Anakin Skywalker dies and Darth Vader is born in ep 3)]

spoiler[
3) Space Battleship Yamato: a)Admiral Akida dies from radiation poisoning in The Quest for Iscandar, and comes back in Final Yamato from a coma. b) Dessler is totally killed in the Quest of Iscandar by a Reflex cannon (main gun of his own space-warship) and is resurrected by the White Comet Empire in the second series.
]

spoiler[
4) Gundam 0079: a)As I already mentioned, Char died in the first series and comes back in Zeta.]

spoiler[
5) The Alien/Aliens series; Ripley dies at the end of Alien 3 but comes back in Alien: Resurrection.]

spoiler[
6) Otogi Zhoshi: The whole cast dies in the Heinan period arc and then is miraculously alive again (reincarnated) in the Modern arc.
]

spoiler[
7) Friday the 13th...that one's self exaplanatory.
]

spoiler[
8)Harry Potter: Harry "dies" at the end but technically its only the part of him that belongs to "you know who." ]

spoiler[
9) 1980s Transformers the Movie by Toei: Optimus Prime dies but comes back in the TV show. ]

spoiler[
10) The Lord of the Rings (books): When you read them the novels for the first time you think Gandalf dies in the Mines of Moria as Gandalf the Grey, but he comes back in the second book as Gandalf the White. ]

Therefore, I for one am not going to underestimate the power of greed nor the likelihood of a continuence of this show. Very Happy
I've read a lot of the vitriol over this from both "sides"; spoiler[ From the people who say "It can never happen, he's dead" to those that claim "He's alive and it should happen." ]

They're both wrong.
The only "truth" or "fact" about this show continuing is if there's any major Yen to be made off of a sequel...that's the bottom line. Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Gideon Krieg wrote:
From the standpoint of the story, you are correct.
However, from a business standpoint it's clear that this franchise has far too much potential for me to assume that Sunrise won't milk it like they have done with Gundam (and are still doing).

It doesn't matter that the story appears to end spoiler[with the death of Lelouche.]

Taniguichi added the sequence of CC's monologue for a reason. spoiler[That being to allow Sunrise/Bandai the oportunity to continue the story with its main protagonist, Lelouch alive, should the show prove to be profitable enough to make it worth while to do so.]

Considering the press statement released by Sunrise/Bandai (as stated in the article) I'd say we've not seen the last of this show spoiler[or Lelouch Lamprouge for that matter. There are enough fans who want this character alive to merit more story with him in it IMHO.]

It seems to be the custom and policy of Science-Fiction/Fantasy writers and movie-makers to rewrite events to fit a sequel.

It's been done in every major Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror franchise I know of both Eastern and Western.

A short list looks like this;
(In spoilers to prevent any hints to the events of R2's ending)

spoiler[
1) Star Trek 2: Spock died (officially), Nimoy even said "No More" to being Spock, but he came back in ST3 and continued on for three more movies and an episode of ST:TNG. ]

spoiler[
2) Star Wars: a)The Emperor dies in Jedi and comes back in the Dark Empire Trilogy. b) Boba Fett dies in the sarlack pit in Jedi and comes back in a graphic novel series that explains he escaped somehow. c) Also, if you watch these movies in order of their debut rather than their chronological number (i.e. 4,5,6, then 1,2,3) you are shocked to learn that Darth Vader is Luke's father because we are told by Obiwan that Vader killed Anakin (which technically he did, the persona of Anakin Skywalker dies and Darth Vader is born in ep 3)]

spoiler[
3) Space Battleship Yamato: a)Admiral Akida dies from radiation poisoning in The Quest for Iscandar, and comes back in Final Yamato from a coma. b) Dessler is totally killed in the Quest of Iscandar by a Reflex cannon (main gun of his own space-warship) and is resurrected by the White Comet Empire in the second series.
]

spoiler[
4) Gundam 0079: a)As I already mentioned, Char died in the first series and comes back in Zeta.]

spoiler[
5) The Alien/Aliens series; Ripley dies at the end of Alien 3 but comes back in Alien: Resurrection.]

spoiler[
6) Otogi Zhoshi: The whole cast dies in the Heinan period arc and then is miraculously alive again (reincarnated) in the Modern arc.
]

spoiler[
7) Friday the 13th...that one's self exaplanatory.
]

spoiler[
8)Harry Potter: Harry "dies" at the end but technically its only the part of him that belongs to "you know who." ]

spoiler[
9) 1980s Transformers the Movie by Toei: Optimus Prime dies but comes back in the TV show. ]

spoiler[
10) The Lord of the Rings (books): When you read them the novels for the first time you think Gandalf dies in the Mines of Moria as Gandalf the Grey, but he comes back in the second book as Gandalf the White. ]

Therefore, I for one am not going to underestimate the power of greed nor the likelihood of a continuence of this show. :D
I've read a lot of the vitriol over this from both "sides"; spoiler[ From the people who say "It can never happen, he's dead" to those that claim "He's alive and it should happen." ]

They're both wrong.
The only "truth" or "fact" about this show continuing is if there's any major Yen to be made off of a sequel...that's the bottom line. :D

You as well bring up some interesting points. I read spoiler[Shonen Jump and reving characters happens every so often.]

Huge spoliers from this point on. Read at one's own risk.

spoiler[ Dragon Quest: Dai No Daibokuen: Avan Sensei died protecting Dai, Pop and Brass, but barely survived due to a magical pendent the queen gave him. The manga artist did this farily well, so I have zero complaints.]

Basically, if Sunrise can make money off Code Geass, then spoiler[there is a high probabitily of Lelouche coming back to life.]
Gideon Krieg

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Well IMHO, and this is only opinion, I hope that if they do make a sequel spoiler[and Lelouche is alive in it, then he should be "alive" only in so far as being able to guide CC or Suzako or the main characters from C's world, not physically in the CG world. Unless they make his comeback cool, and I mean REALLY COOL, so ] they don't screw it up.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to go over the precise details nor do any particular nitpicking at this time, for my own sake as much as anyone else's...but it's a fact that not every Gundam series needs to be set in the Universal Century or even to star Amuro and Char for the franchise to stick around.

It's entirely possible to make plenty of new Code Geass products or spin-offs which do not require anything, beyond general conceptual and design elements, from the original series.

Or, to be blunt, there's room for anything set in an alternate universe that does not demand any form of continuity. One example, just for the heck of it, would be the Nightmare of Nunnally manga, which takes many of the same characters but gives them different roles, abilities, backgrounds and even personalities, to the point that I consider them entirely separate people, for better and for wose.

While the opposite is also true, a sequel (or even a prequel) set in continuity isn't inherently impossible...it's still a given that making too many assumptions about the matter doesn't really have any concrete purpose right now.

Last edited by nightjuan on Sat May 30, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7