• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP Port's Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I've only played Persona 3 and 4, but this is great news! Smile I hope to play 1-2 (both parts of 2) at some point or another.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
1 and 2 are very different from 3 and 4, sadly.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
1 and 2 are very different from 3 and 4, sadly.

Yup. Confused

That said, I still want to beat the first game (though I have to have a guide to even play it due to the insanity of that in-game map) and get the first 2 PSP port. I'm in the middle of playing P3P for the first time too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
I like P1 and P2 more, its more mature with more balanced ratio of adult and teen characters, but of course it just me. P3 and P4 is more casual with semi dating sims atmosphere but thanks to that they gains a lot of younger fans, and that's a good thing (and for the now-aging fans, we already got Catherine Very Happy). I hope this reboot will be successful so they can make another Persona (or Catherine) game, long live Atlus! Cool
dreadsteel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Neohybrid_kai wrote:
I hope this reboot will be successful so they can make another Persona (or Catherine) game, long live Atlus! Cool

To be fair, Persona 5 is said to already be in development (for PS3) so it is only a matter of time. Plus there is Person 4: The Golden for Vita and the P4 Arena game... Plenty to look forward too. I just hope P2:EP makes it to America, I don't wanna track down an $80 PS disc so I can finally fill the gap.

Last word: Fun Fact: Characters from the earlier Personas are mentioned on the "Who's Who" segments on the TV in P3.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quote
Eternal Punishment is the one with the female main character, right? I liked P3P a lot playing as the female MC.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:19 am Reply with quote
Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin share the same characters (its a duology so you have to play IS first), in EP you play as the female character.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
Finally it happens. I was wondering when they were going to get this one out. We got 'Sin' (tsumi) now for 'Punishment' (batsu). I really need to sit down and play these games but I'm having a hard enough time with the first Persona game. I'm just not used to the gameplay as I've never played 'Megaten' game in my life.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd have to agree with most of you. I got P2: IS for Christmas and I'm having a hard time getting through it. The battles feel a bit tedious and the game really does show its age. I love the story and themes, but the gameplay is a bit too hardcore for my tastes. Laughing

Either way, this is definitely good news. I'll get through IS eventually, and when I do, I'd love to be able to play an updated version of EP.
sillyriri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
Yeah, I'd have to agree with most of you. I got P2: IS for Christmas and I'm having a hard time getting through it. The battles feel a bit tedious and the game really does show its age. I love the story and themes, but the gameplay is a bit too hardcore for my tastes. Laughing

Either way, this is definitely good news. I'll get through IS eventually, and when I do, I'd love to be able to play an updated version of EP.

Maybe it's just because I got lucky, but with IS I didn't have many problems once I worked out some good fusion spells. If anything, I ended up finding a good chunk of the last few areas too easy.

Anyway, I hope that this will be licensed in NA so there's at least a small chance of it being licensed in Europe. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1