• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Prince of Tennis

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I must say...the person who review this manga had definately never seen the remaining volumes of Konomi sensei's work.

Why does every person lately use this argument? Its a review of the first volume, not the entire series. A person shouldn't have to read everything available from the author to review the first volume.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:16 am Reply with quote
They're reviewing the first volume, not the entire series. It would get a better grade as it progresses, assuming the quality of the series does, infact, deserve it.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:26 am Reply with quote
Good lord, what is Mr. Tadakichi doing to Osaka? Shocked
Osaka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:14 am Reply with quote
She's carrrying him and the strange cat Sakaki sees in her dreams and they're flying with the aid of a fan (and an umbrella). Anime catgrin
Shorty22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:19 pm Reply with quote
manafairy wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
I don't know what is, either the cutely drawn guys or the tennis it self that attract the female audience. I read it and it didn't appeal to me.

It's all the possible yaoi pairings that makes the girls go crazy over it. They see the slightest "hint" of a guy liking another, and they swoon.

If that was the only reason, I doubt it would have nearly as many fans as it does. I'm sure that's why some girls like it but being the show is far from even being shounen-ai I'm willing to bet it wouldn't hold the interest of someone just in it for the fanservice for very long (Let alone for 150 or so episodes of anime and 20 something volumes of manga).

You, my friend, have obviously not stumbled across the PILES of Digimon, Yugioh, and Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction out there, to name a few titles. It's all about best friends or rivals in those pairings. I wouldn't be surprised if littlegreenwolf was absolutely correct.

I happen to agree with Gatsu on two points. 1. The preview made the kid seem really cocky and just wasn't interesting. 2. I like Hikaru no Go for the characterization and the game of Go seems helplessly confusing in text. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:
Good lord, what is Mr. Tadakichi doing to Osaka? Shocked

The image is from a series of pics where Osaka-san mimicks mobile suits from the Gundam franchise. The one Osaka's using as an avatar is her representation of the Gundam Dendrobium from the 0083 OVA series (Osaka-san as the Stamen unit, and Tadakichi & Chiyochichi both acting as the massive Orchis attachment).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2