• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Accel World Science-Fiction Anime's TV Ad Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
ah man, i can't believe i'm still waiting for this to begin airing, this and Sword Art Online and my top 2 for this year but it feels like an eternity waiting for them to begin airing, should be worthwhile though

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
ah man, i can't believe i'm still waiting for this to begin airing, this and Sword Art Online and my top 2 for this year but it feels like an eternity waiting for them to begin airing, should be worthwhile though

Same for me here as well. This and Sword Art Online are the top two. Sword Art online being number one. I absolutely enjoy reading the novels so far its' amazing.
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that the main male protagonist is plump; a very nice difference from the norm. I hope this doesn't turn out to be something like DxD Highschool, where the unique story is disemboweled by fan service.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Science fiction is serious business so this anime is going on my watch list. Probably going to watch it with Medaka Box this Spring.

Hell, I might even give the light novel a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
I find it interesting that the main male protagonist is plump; a very nice difference from the norm. I hope this doesn't turn out to be something like DxD Highschool, where the unique story is disemboweled by fan service.

And, the MC becomes a kick-ass character in the virtual world.

I saw some stills in one of the latest Dengeki magazines and it looked like the CG was going to be bad (or it looked liked it was badly done CG). At least the trailer doesn't look half bad.

Kuroyukihime - love the character design.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked the first PV they released better, because it had very effective sound, but visually Accel World looks great, so I'm interested in seeing how the story turns out.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
This is one I'm looking forward to and I'm glad it's two cour so it can flesh out the story. I really like the character designs especially the dumpy, short boy who looks chibi without being chibi and the main girl character looks great in both worlds. With all that being said, I'm hoping there's more Sc-Fi then school hijinks/comedy cliches.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:

SAO has really gotten me pumped, too (a gorgeous-looking fantasy adventure series? Almost always a win. Added appeal goes to the character designs - which are not only cool and distinct, but make sense - the girl's breastplate is an ACTUAL breastplate, not a curvacious strip of metal formed around her voluptuous bosom? Thank. You. God).

As for Accel: At first I didn't think I'd watch this one, but now the setting and the protagonist's odd design have started to grow on me (Hell, if nothing else, his look is memorable. Something metric tons of other spiky-haired male leads can only dream of being).
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
I hope its good and not pointless rom-com disguised as a Scifi show. Though confusion, Black Star Shooter is serious scifi story behind it despite the leveling towards fanservice in some times. I hope its the same for Accel World, more substance with touch of fan (if needed to get more people to watch.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1