Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film Listed in Early 2017 Outside Japan
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Entertainment news source World Screen reported last week that the Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions film will open in theaters outside Japan in early 2017.
Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine previously teased the film's story, which takes place six months after the end of the manga:
In the past Yūgi Yami and Kaiba have clashed many times!! Yami Yūgi, who resides in Yūgi Mutō's body, and Kaiba will have a duel that bets their prides and accepts each other's mutual experience.
The Japanese version of the film will feature the following returning cast and characters:
- Shunsuke Kazama as Yūgi Mutō
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Seto Kaiba
- Hidehiro Kikuchi as Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor)
- Hiroki Takahashi as Katsuya Jōnōchi (Joey Wheeler)
- Junko Takeuchi as Mokuba Kaiba
- Maki Saitou as Anzu Masaki (Téa Gardener)
- Rica Matsumoto as Ryō Bakura
- Actor Kento Hayashi in his first voice acting role as Aigami, a mysterious boy who appeared before Yūgi and the others as they went about their usual daily life.
- Kana Hanazawa as Sera, a mysterious girl who accompanies Hayashi's character Aigami
- Satoshi Hino as Mani, who travels with Aigami to perform their mission.
- Kendo Kobayashi as Kudaragi
- Jungle Pocket as minions of the Kudaragi Group
Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II) is directing the film, which opens in Japan on April 23.
Thanks to I Miss Bionix for the news tip