Kouta Hirano's Drifters TV Anime Premieres in October
posted on 2016-06-06 04:10 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The July issue of Kadokawa's Da Vinci magazine revealed on Monday that the television anime adaptation of Kouta Hirano's Drifters manga will premiere in October.
The story of the manga centers around Shimazu Toyohisa, the real-life samurai who fought in the pivotal Battle of Sekigahara. In his dying moments, Shimazu is transported to a world of magic with other famous warriors throughout history. These warriors are forced to fight each other in an endless battle.
The anime stars
- Yūichi Nakamura as Shimazu Toyohisa
- Naoya Uchida as Oda Nobunaga
- Mitsuki Saiga as Nasu no Yoichi
- Takahiro Sakurai as Abe no Seimei
- Shiho Kokido as Olminu
- Masakazu Nishida as Kafeto
- Junko Minagawa as Jeanne d'Arc
- Kenji Nomura as Gilles de Rais
- Junko Kitanishi as Anastasia
- Masahiko Tanaka as Rasputin
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Hijikata Toshizo
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Murasaki
The anime celebrates the 70th anniversary of Shonengahosha, the publisher of the original manga. Kenichi Suzuki (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders series director) is directing the anime. Hideyuki Kurata (The World God Only Knows, Tokyo Ravens, Maria the Virgin Witch) is handling the series composition and writing the scripts. Yousuke Kuroda (Hellsing Ultimate, Gungrave) is also writing the scripts along with Kurata. Ryoji Nakamori (Hellsing Ultimate) is designing the characters and also serving as chief animation director.
An anime DVD shipped with the manga's fifth compiled book volume on Monday. The DVD contains a 36-minute edited version of the first and second episodes of the television anime.