SM Cinema Opens Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Film on August 17
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The film opened in Japanese theaters on July 9, and will open in selected theaters in the United States on August 19. The Blu-ray Disc containing the film will ship in Japan on September 30, the same day the game ships.
The film stars:
- Aaron Paul and Gou Ayano as Nyx Ulric
- Lena Headey and Shiori Kutsuna as Lunafrena Nox Fleuret (Lunafreya in the English version)
- Sean Bean and Tsutomu Isobe as Regis Lucis Caelum
- Kouichi Yamadera as Drautos
- Liam Mulvey and Mitsuaki Kanuka as Libertus Ostium
- Tomokazu Seki as Luche Lazarus
- Ayumi Fujimura as Crowe Altius
The story of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV takes place during the storyline of the Final Fantasy XV game, and follows what happens to King Regis after Noctis leaves on his trip with his friends. Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata produced the film. Takeshi Nozue (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children co-director, co-producer) directed the film, and Takashi Hasegawa (1999 GTO film, Crows Explode) wrote the script. John Graham composed the music, and Yoko Shimomura (who is composing the music for the game) composed the main theme.