News Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2 Dated for January 20
posted on 2016-10-07 14:50 EDT
Anime News Network's New York Comic-Con 2016 news coverage sponsored by Yen Press.
The staff of Voltron: Legendary Defender, Netflix and Dreamworks' animated series reimagining of the 1980s Voltron series, announced at New York Comic Con on Friday that the second season will premiere on January 20, 2017.
The show's first season premiered on Netflix on June 10, and features the following voice cast:
- Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead) as Keith
- Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) as Lance
- Bex Taylor-Klaus (Arrow) as Pidge
- Josh Keaton (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) as Shiro (formerly "Sven")
- Tyler Labine (Tucker and Dale vs. Evil) as Hunk
- Kimberly Brooks (Mass Effect) as Princess Allura
- Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords) as Coran
- Neil Kaplan (Transformers: Robots in Disguise) as King Zarkon
The character known as Sven in the first Voltron television series was originally named Takashi Shirogane in King of Beasts Golion, the original anime series that was adapted as Voltron.
The first season's serialized story focuses on five teenagers named Keith, Lance, Hunk, Pidge, and Shiro. The heroes must defend Arus from King Zarkon's evil alien force.
Studio Mir (The Legend of Korra) animated the first season. Dos Santos, Montgomery, and Hedrick all worked together on Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. The series is part of an expansion of DreamWorks Animation Television and Netflix's 2013 multi-year deal.
Source: Entertainment Weekly (Nivea Serrao)
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history