One Piece Kabuki Play's New Run Premieres in October
posted on by Kevin Yuan
The One Piece stage event at Jump Festa 2017 announced on Sunday that the new run of the Kabuki stage play based on Eiichiro Oda's One Piece manga will occur from October 6 to November 25 at the Shinbashi Enbujō theater in Ginza, Tokyo.
The play first ran from October-November 2015 at the Shinbashi Enbujō theater. 100,000 tickets for the Tokyo run all sold out. The play then ran in Osaka from March 1-25, and then in Fukuoka from April 2-26. Theatrical screenings of the play across Japan premiered on October 22.
The kabuki stage play's full cast is as follows:
- Ichikawa Ennosuke IV as Luffy (seen right), Hancock, Shanks
- Ichikawa Ukon as Whitebeard
- Bandō Minosuke II as Zoro, Bentham, Squard
- Nakamura Hayato as Sanji, Inazuma
- Ichikawa Shunen II as Nami, Sandersonia
- Ichikawa Kōtarō as Hatchan, Sentomaru
- Ichikawa Juen as Avalo Pizarro
- Ichikawa Emisaburō as Nyon
- Ichikawa Enya II as Jinbei, Blackbeard (Teach)
- Ichikawa Emiya II as Nico Robin, Marigold
- Ichikawa Omezō VI as Magellan
- Ichikawa Monnosuke VIII as Tsuru
- Seiji Fukushi as Ace
- Noritoshi Kashima as Brook, "Akainu" Sakazuki
- Kazuyuki Asano as Rayleigh, Ivankov, Sengoku
The play adapts volumes 51-60 of the manga, a portion of the story known as the "Paramount War Saga." In the story, Luffy attempts to find his brother Ace and save him from execution, while a war erupts between the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates.