Azure Striker Gunvolt OVA Delayed to January 2017
posted on by Karen Ressler
Game developer Inti Creates announced on Wednesday that the anime adaptation of its Azure Striker Gunvolt (Armed Blue Gunvolt in Japan) Nintendo 3DS game has been delayed due to "various circumstances." The anime was originally slated for release in winter 2016, and it is now slated for January 2017 in North America, Europe, and Japan.
Inti Creates will release the anime as an "on-demand" original video animation (OVA), and Inti Creates is considering releasing the anime on the Nintendo e-Shop. Part of the OVA was screened at the "INTI CREATES FAN FESTA 20th Anniversary" event on November 5.
Inti Creates streamed a trailer in September:
The anime is reuniting the game's original cast:
- Kaito Ishikawa as Gunvolt, "Azure Striker"
- Megu Sakuragawa as Lumen / Joule, "The Muse"
- Masashi Yukita as Asimov
- Ayumu Murase as Nova, "The Mighty"
The anime's staff includes:
- Director/Storyboards/Producer: Yoshinori Odaka (B-Daman CrossFire, Cross Fight B-Daman eS)
- Script: Shigeru Murakoshi (Garo the Animation, Garo: Crimson Moon)
- Character Design/Animation Supervisor: Masakazu Sunagawa (Nōgyō Musume!, Maken-Ki! Battling Venus)
- Action Animation Director/Key Animator: Kōdai Kawase (Flowers of Evil, Blade & Soul key animation)
- Props/Mecha Design: Ryuta Nakahara (Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo, Robot Girls Z)
- Director of Photography: Polunt Sai
- Filming: LandQ Studios
- Background Art Director: Kenichi Kurata (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine)
- Background Art: Baku Production
- Color Design: Kanna Terabun (Battle Girls - Time Paradox, Ozma, Robot Girls Z)
- In-Between Check: Mikie Matsuyama (Oreshura, Oreimo 2)
- Music: Ippō Yamada (Mega Man Zero, Mighty No.9) and Ryo Kawakami (Mega Man ZX)
Inti Creates developed the first game with concepts by Keiji Inafune of Mega Man/Rockman fame, and released the game in Japan and North America in August 2014.