Fans Pick 'Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto' As #1 Manga They Want Animated
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
The Anime! Anime! website asked readers to choose what manga they most want turned into an anime. About 1,800 respondents picked their top three choices from February 3-8. Nami Sano's Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto (Sakamoto desu ga?) was the top choice in the poll.
The story follows the daily life of the "coolest" high school student, Sakamoto. As soon as he transfers to his new school, he attracts the attention of not just his class but the whole student body, and his jealous classmates' attempts to bully him repeatedly backfire and instead make Sakamoto look cooler.
The series regularly ranks in top book sales in Japan and won the best "male-oriented" comics volume award from Da Vinci Magazine in 2013 and the Comic Natalie Grand Prize. Seven Seas will release the first volume in North America later this year.
The full results include:
- Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto by Nami Sano (Enterbrain/Seven Seas)
- One-Punch Man by ONE and Yuusuke Murata (Shueisha/Viz Media)
- Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma (MediaWorks/Yen Press)
- March comes in like a lion by Chika Umino (Hakusensha)
- Drifters by Kouta Hirano (Shonengahosha/Dark Horse Comics)
- Nijiiro Days by Minami Mizuno (Shueisha)
- Oresama Teacher by Izumi Tsubaki (Hakuensha/Viz Media)
- Yandere Kanojo by Shinobi (Square Enix)
- Amaama to Inazuma by Gido Amagakure (Kodansha)
- Soul Catcher(S) by Hideo Shinkai (Shueisha)
A similar poll by Charapedia that included light novels and manga was held last year. That list also included One-Punch Man, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Nijiiro Days, Oresama Teacher, March comes in like a lion, and Yotsuba&!. Two series from that list, Denpa Kyōshi - He Is a Ultimate Teacher and Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku, are getting anime series this year.