Shonen Sunday Sponsors Japan-Wide Manga Workshop
posted on 2015-09-27 23:15 EDT by Eric Stimson
Think you've got what it takes to be a manga artist? If so, the editors at Shonen Sunday would like to see your work! Starting on October 11, Shonen Sunday will hold a series of manga workshops across Japan to examine aspiring artists' manga and give them expert feedback. Especially promising work will be granted an "encouragement prize" and entered into a competition. Winners of this competition will get 300,000 yen (US$2,487) for the bronze award, 500,000 yen (US$4,146) for the silver award, and 1,000,000 yen (US$8,292) for the gold award. The gold award winner's manga will also be printed in Weekly Shonen Sunday or Shonen Sunday S.
The workshops will be held at the following locations and dates:
- October 11: Human Academy Naha School, Naha
- October 24: JAM Japanese Anime/Manga School, Niigata
- November 7: Human Academy Fukuoka School, Fukuoka
- November 14: Human Academy Nagoya School, Nagoya
- November 23: Human Academy Sapporo School, Sapporo
- November 28: Ōhara Information Design Art School Kanazawa, Kanazawa
- December 6: Human Academy Sendai School, Sendai
- December 12: Human Academy Hiroshima School, Hiroshima
- December 13: Ōhara Information Design Art School Osaka Namba, Osaka
- December 19: Shogakukan, Tokyo
The application deadlines are a week before each workshop. To apply, please call Shonen Sunday's editorial department at 03-3230-5480. Rough drafts are also O.K.