'Manners' Video for Kenji Kamiyama's Hirune Hime Anime Film Shows New Footage
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Japanese entertainment news website Cinema Today began streaming a "manners video" on Friday featuring new footage for Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari (Napping Princess - The Story of the Unknown Me), the new anime film by director Kenji Kamiyama. The video shows how to behave inside the theater, including: turn off cellphones, don't have conversations, don't kick the seat in front, and watch your step in the dark.
The film is slated to debut in Japan in March 2017.
The film's cast includes:
(Top row, from left to right):
- Mitsuki Takahata (live-action Sexy Voice and Robo, Ao Haru Ride) as Kokone Morikawa
- Shinnosuke Mitsushima (ERASED) as Morio, Kokone's childhood friend
- Arata Furuta (live-action 20th Century Boys) as Watanabe, the CEO of Shijima Automobiles, who is planning to trick Kokone's father
- Tomoya Maeno as Kijita, a friend and bad influence on Kokone's father
- Hideki Takahashi (Pokémon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram) as Isshin Shijima, the president of Shijima Automobiles
- Yosuke Eguchi (live-action Rurouni Kenshin) as Momotarō, Kokone's father
I.G Port's new anime studio subsidiary Signal.MD (Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note, Anime Tamago's "Colorful Ninja Iromaki" short) is animating the film as its first anime film project. Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Eden of the East) is directing the film, as well as penning the script. Satoko Morikawa (The Cat Returns, Eden of the East, Xi AVANT) is designing the characters, and Shigeto Koyama (Michiko & Hatchin, Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Heroman) is in charge of mechanical design. Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XV) is composing the music for the film.
The film will be set in Okayama Prefecture in 2020, just before the Tokyo Olympics. Kamiyama describes the story as one of a father and daughter that is close to his personal feelings.