Get Your Big Break Singing for Cowboy Bebop Director's New Anime Carol & Tuesday
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe and My Hero Academia animation studio BONES are searching far and wide for the singing sensation for next year's television anime Carol & Tuesday. Music production studio Flying Dog announced that, in line with plans for the anime's worldwide broadcast, the company is accepting international auditions to sing as the two main characters for the anime series.
Prospective singers have to act fast, as auditions close on May 6. The official website lists a few rules for prospective singers:
- Singers must be female and under 25 years of age
- Singers must be able to sing in native-level English
- The contest is open to all nationalities and singing levels
- Applicants can have a artist/talent management company, but cannot be signed or in the process of being signed to any record company, major or independent.
- Applicants should submit a video of themselves singing solo with karaoke or live instruments, but no back-up singing or a capella.
Chosen applicants will receive a callback for the second round by the end of next month. Winners will dub the singing parts of either Carol or Tuesday and record songs for CD release, thus making their CD debut as well.
The tagline for Carol & Tuesday is "The two met and created a song. No one knew what a miracle it would bring," suggesting that, like Watanabe's previous works, music will play an important role in the anime's story.