Chihayafuru Tops BookLive! Poll For Most Anticipated Fall 2019 Anime
posted on by Kim Morrissy
Japanese e-book vendor BookLive! released poll results from 1,250 readers regarding the most anticipated fall 2019 anime or live-action titles based on novel or manga titles. (So, no Fate/Grand Order on this list.) The top 10 titles as chosen by BookLive! users are as follows:
- Chihayafuru 3
- My Hero Academia
- Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods
- Kodoku no Gourmet live-action series
- Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life
- Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fourth Plate
- Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane (Psycho-Pass manga)
- City Hunter French live-action film
- Sherlock BBC TV drama
Chihayafuru 3, the third Chihayafuru anime season based on Yuki Suetsugu's manga, will premiere on NTV's "AnichU" programming block on October 22. The season is scheduled to air for two cours (two quarters of a year), for a total of 24 episodes. The new season was initially slated to premiere in April, but was delayed to October.
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld topped Anime! Anime!'s reader poll for most anticipated fall 2019 anime series. Chihayafuru 3 topped the women's vote.