Spriggan, More Manga Artists Take the Idol Stage for Red and White Contest
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
The Red and White Song Contest (Kōhaku Uta Gassen) is a New Year tradition in Japan pitting female and male singers against one another. The opposing teams (Red vs. White) rotates members while others, like Hiroshi Itsuki, are mainstays. This year includes the likes of KANJANI, Hey! Say! JUMP, Sayuri Ishikawa, LiSA, Superfly, and the AKB48.
The contest has also inspired spin-offs. This year saw the first Seyū Red and White Contest helmed by Jouji Nakata. The contest was a success with plans to return for a second year in 2020. Perhaps due to the show's the success, a smaller scale variation starring not singers or voice actors, but manga creators, will be held on December 30.
The Manga no Hanashi Vol 7: Uta no Hanashi: Manga-ka Kōhaku Uta Gassen (Manga Chat Vol. 7: Song Chat: Manga Creator Red and White Song Contest) will follow the same format as the original contest with a Red Team (women) and White Team (men). The Red Team is led by MC and actress Fūka Haruna and the White Team is led by writer Kenta Otsubo.
- Asahi (Satsujin + Kareshi)
- Sanko Takada (Saseyo Eroika)
- Kikiki Takiki (Sex no Sasoikata)
- Daidai Mugihara (Tateishi Darari Nomi)
- Shō Kitagawa (B.B. Fish, Nineteen)
- 255 (Ohanashi ni Narimasen)
- Ayako Noda (Double, Inga no Sakana)
- Ryōji Minagawa (Spriggan, Peace Maker)
- Takashi Yoshida (Finland Saga)
Tickets are on sale at the Asagaya Loft website.
Source: Comic Natalie