News Akame ga Kill Action Fantasy Anime's Full Promo Previews Sora Amamiya Song
posted on 2014-06-20 23:10 EDT
The official website for the television anime of Takahiro and Tetsuya Tashiro's Akame ga Kill! manga began streaming the first full promotional video on Saturday. The video, which also aired on the Tokyo MX TV station, features the opening theme song "Skyreach" by Sora Amamiya.
The dark action fantasy manga follows the title character, Akame, a girl who was bought, and raised by the Empire as an assassin. After meeting Akame, a boy named Tatsumi vows to stand up to the evil of the corrupt Empire with the secret assassin group Night Raid and special weapons known as Teigu.
The series will also star:
- Yuu Asakawa (Fate/stay night, Ikki Tousen) as Leone
- Souma Saitou (Haikyu!!) as Tatsumi
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Kill la Kill, Silver Spoon) as Braht
- Yukari Tamura (Kill la Kill, Steins;Gate) as Mein
- Risa Mizuno (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan: Demon Capital, Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino) as Najenda
- Mamiko Noto (Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne, Freezing) as Schere
- Satomi Akesaka (Wake Up, Girls, Suzuka) as Esdese
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sword Art Online, No Game, No Life) as Rabac
Tomoki Kobayashi (Tears to Tiara, Sola) is directing the anime, and Makoto Uezu (Danganronpa The Animation, Qwaser of Stigmata) is in charge of the series scripts with original creator Takahiro supervising the scenario. Kazuhisa Nakamura ( Jormungand) is designing the characters, and Taku Iwasaki ( Black Butler, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Gatchaman Crowds) is composing the music. Miku Sawai is performing the ending theme, "Konna Sekai, Shiritakunakatta" (I Didn't Want to Know This World).
Additional staff includes:
- Art Director: Yoshito Takamine
- Color Design: Miyuki Sato
- Director of Photography: Keisuke Nakamura
- 3D Director, Modeling: Hiroshi Souma
- Editing: Masahiro Goto
- Sound Director: Hozumi Goda
The series will premiere on the Tokyo MX TV station on July 6.
The manga began in Square Enix's Monthly Gangan Joker magazine in 2010, and the ninth compiled volume of the manga shipped in January. Takahiro launched the Akame ga KILL! Zero prequel with artist Kei Toru in Square Enix's Big Gangan magazine last October. Yen Press announced that it will release the original manga in North America.
Source: MoCa News