Wake Up, Girls! Anime Gets Animal Mascot Spinoff Shorts
posted on by Egan Loo
Production on Wake Up, Girl Zoo!, an original spinoff of anime shorts inspired by the television anime Wake Up, Girls!, has been green-lit. A trial version of the new anime will debut on its official website in September. The shorts will turn the characters of the original Wake Up, Girls! anime into mini animal mascots.
The setting of the shorts is Wake Up, Girl Zoo!, a small zoo at the outskirts of Sendai in northeastern Japan. Facing the imminent demise of the zoo, the head zookeeper Tange orders breeder Matsuda to scout out a new animal unit. Can the actions of these assembled seven creatures bring back the zoo from the brink?
The main cast are:
- Miyu Takagi as Miyu (eagle)
- Nanami Yamashita as Nanami (wolf)
- Minami Tanaka as Minami (tiger)
- Mayu Yoshioka as Mayu (lion)
- Airi Eino as Airi (shark)
- Kaya Okuno as Kaya (crocodile)
- Yoshino Aoyama as Yoshino (polar bear)
The cast members sings the theme song "WUG Zoozoo." This song will be included in the Wake Up, Girls! Character song series, a set of seven CDs which will ship over the course of four months starting on September 3. In addition, the cast will appear at the Milk Lariat ~Moe Seven Sense~ event on December 7.
The main staff are:
- Supervisors: Yutaka Yamamoto, Touko Machida
- Director: Kenshirō Morii (Studio Moriken)
- Scripts: Kenshirō Morii, Eriko Matsuda, Atsushi Oka, Tomoko Sekine
- Character Design: Seiya Miyajima
- Production: Ordet x Studio Moriken
Source: MoCA News
Images © Green Leaves/Wake Up, Girl Zoo! Production Committee
Update: Typo fixed. Thanks, kevinx59
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history