Live-Action Assassination Classroom Film Slated for March 21
posted on by Egan Loo
The official Twitter account for the live-action Assassination Classroom film announced on Tuesday that the film will open on March 21, 2015. The film adapts Yusei Matsui's popular manga of the same name.
Top row, from left to right:
- Masaki Suda (Princess Jellyfish's Kuranosuke, Daily Lives of High School Boys' Tadakuni) as Karma Akabane
- Kippei Shiina (SHINOBI - Heart Under Blade's Tenzen, Wild 7's Sekai) as Tadaomi Karasuma
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Maika Yamamoto (Kamen Teacher's Saeko, Ōoku: The Inner Chamber's Nono) as Kaede Kayano
- Seika Taketomi (The Princess and the Pilot's Juana del Moral, Hot Road's Eri) as Rio Nakamura
- Mio Yūki (Kami-sama no Iu Toori's Shoko) as Yukiko Kanzaki
- Miku Uehara (Hōkago Groove's Chinatsu) as Manami Okuda
Koro-sensei will be rendered in CG in the film. The voice actor for the character has not yet been announced.
Eiichirō Hasumi (Umizaru films, Wild 7) is directing the film, and Tatsuya Kanazawa (Saru Lock The Movie, Lucky Seven) is writing the script. Filming began on site at an abandoned elementary school in the suburbs in Japan's Kanto district on August 31, and is wrapping up in mid-October. The film's Twitter account has been posting on-set photographs since filming started.
A humorous and action-packed story about a class of misfits who are trying to kill their new teacher – an alien octopus with bizarre powers and super strength! The teacher has just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth – unless his students can destroy him first. What makes things more complicated is that he's the best teacher they've ever had!
Matsui launched Assassination Classroom in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 2012, and Shueisha published the 11th volume on October 3. The series ranked number seven in Japan's top-selling manga for 2013, and currently has more than 10 million copies in print. The series already inspired an event anime last year, and is also inspiring a television anime series that will premiere in January.
[Via Hachima Kikō]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history