Dark Souls II Heads to PS4, Xbox One on April 7
posted on by Egan Loo
Bandai Namco Games announced on Monday that it will release Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin for not only PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC (via Steam with DirectX 9/DirectX11 support), but also for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The new edition of From Software's dark action role-playing game will available in the Americas on April 7, 2015.
The "complete Dark Souls II experience" will include three previously released DLC packs - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the ivory King - along with additional features:
- Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience
- Parameter adjustments for improved game balance
- Augmented item descriptions
- Improved online matchmaking functionality
These features will be available in a patch for existing Dark Souls II owners.
The Xbox One, PS4, and PC (DirectX 11) versions of the game will also offer:
- Additional upgrades to graphics, sound, performance
- Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total)
The original version of the game debuted in North America, Japan, and Europe in March.