Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches Anime Casts Jun Fukuyama, Kana Hanazawa
posted on by Egan Loo
Next year's combined 2nd/3rd issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing two more cast members for the Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) anime projects on Wednesday. Jun Fukuyama will play the former student council president Haruma Yamazaki, while Kana Hanazawa will play the former vice-president and secretary Mikoto Asuka.
Miki Yoshikawa's original "love x kiss x comedy" manga begins when Yamada, the high school's worst problem child, bumps into the beautiful honor student Shiraishi on the stairs, and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
The cast already includes:
- Ryota Ohsaka (Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara, Knights of Sidonia) as Ryū Yamada
- Saori Hayami (Is the order a rabbit?, Bakuman.) as Urara Shiraishi
- Toshiki Masuda (Kimi no Iru Machi, Samurai Flamenco) as Toranosuke Miyamura
- Maaya Uchida (Date A Live II, Noragami) as Miyabi Itō
- Toshiharu Sasaki as Kentarō Tsubaki
- Eri Kitamura (Magic Kaito 1412, Knights of Sidonia) as Nene Odagiri
- Daisuke Ono (Terra Formars, Magi: The Kingdom of Magic) as Ushio Igarashi
- Yui Makino (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Angel Beats!) as Meiko Ōtsuka
- Yuki Takao (Kimi no Iru Machi, Blade & Soul) as Maria Sarashima
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Kamisama Kiss, Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes) as Shinichi Tamaki
- Masumi Tazawa as Rika Saionji*
- Aoi Yūki as Noa Takigawa
Tomoki Takuno ([email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA, Love Live! School idol project episode director) is directing anime at LIDEN FILMS with assistant director Fumiaki Usui. Michiko Yokote is writing and supervising the series scripts. Eriko Iida (Love Live! School idol project episode animation director) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. Yota Tsuruoka (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is the sound director, and Masaru Yokoyama is composing the music.
The manga's 15th compiled volume will bundle the first anime DVD and ship on December 17. The manga's 17th volume will bundle the second OVA and ship on May 15, 2015. (These anime will feature an original story and include hot spring scenes.) Then the television anime will premiere next spring.
Yoshikawa launched the manga in 2012, and the series is currently running in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine. Kodansha released the 14th compiled volume last month. Crunchyroll is releasing manga chapters online overseas as they are published in Japan. The manga already inspired two promotional videos, including one that announced the original anime DVD project.
The manga features cameos by characters from Yoshikawa's earlier Yankee-kun to Megane-chan manga, which inspired a live-action television series. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo already inspired a live-action television adaptation that premiered in 2013.