Banjou Ginga, Rina Hidaka Join Food Wars: Shokugeki no Sōma Cast
posted on by Karen Ressler
- Ai Kakuma as Mayumi Kurasu
- Banjou Ginga as Senzaemon Nakiri
- Rina Hidaka as Urara Kawashima
- Rikiya Koyama as Jōichirō Yukihira
- Risa Taneda as Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami as Ikumi Mito
- Natsuki Hanae as Takumi Aldini
- Yūki Ono as Isami Aldini
- Saori Ōnishi as Hisako Arato
- Takahiro Sakurai as Satoshi Isshiki
- Ai Kayano as Ryōko Sakaki
- Maaya Uchida as Yūki Yoshino
- Taishi Murata as Shun Ibusaki
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Zenji Marui
Yūto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's original Food Wars: Shokugeki no Sōma comedy manga centers on Sōma, who works with his dad at his family's restaurant. His dad is a culinary master, and he often hosts cooking battles with his father. His father then enrolls him in an elite culinary school that is very difficult to enter, and the graduation rate is only about 10 percent.
Yoshitomo Yonetani (Gaogaigar, Betterman) is directing the anime at J.C. Staff. Shogo Yasukawa (Terraformars, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?) is in charge of the series scripts, and Tomoyuki Shitaya (Bakuman., BlazBlue Alter Memory, Hatsukoi Limited) is designing the characters. Jin Aketagawa is the sound director, and Tatsuya Katou (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Medaka Box) is composing the soundtrack.
Saeki and Tsukuda launched the manga in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in November 2012, and Shueisha will ship the 12th compiled volume on April 3. Yuki Morisaki, a cosplay chef and model, also contributes to the manga, and each volume of the manga features recipes. Viz Media is releasing the manga in North America.