1st Tamayura Film's Long Promo Video Previews More of Story
posted on by Egan Loo
The film distributor Shochiku began streaming a long promotional video for the first of four films that will complete the Tamayura anime's story. Like the previous trailer, the video features the theme song "Kore Kara" (From Here on Out) by Maaya Sakamoto.
- Fū: Next spring, we will graduate.
- Title: Tamayura's final act
- Text: The first part of four films
- Title: Tamayura: Graduation Photos Part I: Sprout - Portent
- Norie: Potte! You're the same as ever, even after becoming a third-year student!
- Kaoru: Let's go, Potte.
- Maon: We'll be late.
- Text: The usual daily life
- Girl: Now that I've entered the photography club, I'll make sure to make it get better with all my might!
- Text: New meetings
- Fū: You guys have such good smiles.
- Text: The last year
- Kaoru: Potte!
- Potte: Oh, s-sorry... Um... So, you guys? Um... I was thinking about the future.
- Text: Each moves down their own path
- Fū: Shihomi!
- Shihomi: So I'm going to go to Tokyo.
- Fū: I wonder if we won't see each other again.
- Text: Partings that come ever closer
- Fū: I'm positive that these days of worrying and wavering will become a treasure someday. That's what dad taught me.
- Grandmother: There's plenty of time to think. It's OK.
- Photo Studio Owner: You'll be fine, Fū.
- Text: A warm town.
- Girl: OK you guys, let's do our best at those exams!
- All: Let's do it!
- Text: Everyone's laughing voices
- Maon: There's such a thing as feeling strong when everyone is around, right?
- Fū: Yeah... Because everyone was here...
- Fū: Hearts. They're what connect people.
- Grandmother: Your father said that this light is called "Tamayura."
- Text: Now is the time for departure.
- Fū: You know guys, I... I've made up my mind!
- Fū: Tamayura ~Sostsugyo Shashin~ Dai 1-bu: Kizashi
The first film, Tamayura ~Sotsugyō Shashin~ Dai-1-bu Me -Kizashi- (Tamayura: Graduation Photos Part I: Sprout - Portent), will open on April 4, for a limited two-week engagement in 10 theaters throughout Japan. It will then open in four more theaters from April 18 to April 24 and three more theaters from April 18 to April 28.
The second and third films will open on August 29 and November 28, respectively, while the fourth will open on February 20, 2016. The four films collectively have the title Tamayura ~Sotsugyō Shashin~ (Tamayura: Graduation Photos).
The story of the first film is set in the spring, when Fū, Kaoru, Norie, and Maon get promoted to third-year high school students, while Kanae has graduated. Two kōhai (students younger than the original characters) join the photography club. Even though they bring in new friends, their lively daily life remains unchanged. Yet, the four third-year students are slowly thinking about their own future dreams and paths as they face graduation in about a year. Aya Uchida and Mayu Iizuka will play the kōhai.
After all four films open in Japan, the staff will hold Tamayura "graduation ceremonies" in the spring of 2016. There will be two locations for the ceremonies in Tokyo's Kanta area and Takehara City in Hiroshima Prefecture, the setting of the anime. The four Blu-ray Discs sold at participating theaters will bundle entry forms for advance tickets to the graduation ceremonies.
The Tokyo MX television station began airing the Tamayura Selection on January 8. In addition to selected episodes and the original video animation special compilation, it is also showing the previously unaired episode 8.5 of Tamayura More Aggressive.
The Tamayura anime project with an original concept by Sato premiered in 2010 with a series of original video animation (OVA) volumes. The project then spawned a television anime series titled Tamayura - Hitotose in 2011, with a second season titled Tamayura - More Aggressive airing last year.