14th Animator Expo Short is Hiroyuki Imaishi's 'Sex and Violence with Mach Speed'
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
Japan Animator Expo, the project of weekly anime shorts from Hideaki Anno's Studio Khara and the media company Dwango, announced on Monday that the 14th short will be "Sex and Violence with Mach Speed," directed by Studio Trigger's Hiroyuki Imaishi. Shigeto Koyama and Hiromi Wakabayashi are credited with the design and story draft.
The summary reads: "A mutt who worries about its serious demeanor decides to visit the most famous and beautiful detective in the neighborhood, but..."
The short will debut on Friday.
This season's shorts include:
- "I can Friday by day!" by Kazuya Tsurumaki and Hajime Ueda (Daiou Ueda)
- "Ibusekiyoruni" by Tadashi Hiramatsu and Ren Sakaki
- "Ochibisan" by Moyoco Anno and Masashi Kawamura
- "Obake-chan" by Shigeto Koyama
- "Kanón" by Mahiro Maeda
- "Guzou Sen'iki" by Ikuto Yamashita and Kazuhiro Furuhashi
- "Sanbon no Shōgensha" by Satoru Utsunomiya
- "SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED" by Hiroyuki Imaishi (TRIGGER)
- "2 of killers of 2" by Kazuto Nakazawa
- "Getsuei no Tokio" by Goichi "Suda51" Suda (Grasshopper Manufacture) and Takanobu Mizuno (Kamikaze Douga)
- "Bikachō Shinshi Kaikoroku" by Moyoco Anno and AЯTRA entertainment
- "Hammerhead" by Ōtarō Maijō and Mahiro Maeda
Moyoco Anno crowdfunded Ochibisan, a stop-motion feature based on her The Diary of Ochibi-san (Ochibi-san) manga.
This season's previous short Kanón by director Mahiro Maeda began streaming on Monday.
Anno himself is serving as executive producer of the entire project initiative with Dwango President Nobuo Kawakami, and he also designed the image character mascot "(Tor)-kun." Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki created the title logo, and fellow Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki colored it. The shorts mostly feature the voice talent of Ranma ½ and Cowboy Bebop co-stars Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara.