Miss Monochrome TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in July
posted on 2015-03-21 00:57 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
The Ultra Super Pictures Special Stage event announced at AnimeJapan 2015 on Saturday that the Miss Monochrome television anime series will receive a second season. The season will run within the 30-minute Ultra Super Anime Time block beginning on July 3.
The main cast and staff members are returning from the first season:
- Yui Horie as Miss Monochrome
- Keiji Fujiwara as Maneo
- Kikuko Inoue as KIKUKO
- Akemi Kanda as Mana
- Original character design: Yui Horie
- Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki
- Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
- Character Design: Yūki Morimoto
- Assistant Character Design: Naoto Nakamura
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Animation Production:Liden Films, Sanzigen Animation Studio
- Production: Miss Monochrome Production Committee
The original story follows Miss Monochrome, an android girl that decides she "wants more than ever before!" In order to achieve that desire, she puts her plan into motion to become the hottest idol. Usually the type to run around in circles, Miss Monochrome scrambles to make it in the idol industry.
Miss Monochrome, a character created and played by voice actress Yui Horie, appeared as a 3D character at the "Horie Yui o Meguru Bōken III ~Secret Mission Tour~" concert in March of 2012. True to her name, she despises color. After her concert appearance, Miss Monochrome spawned a line of character goods, and she already appeared in the popular social game Girlfriend (Kari) or Girlfriend Beta.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history