15th Animator Expo Short is Shigeto Koyama's 'Obake-chan'
posted on 2015-03-23 21:50 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge
Japan Animator Expo, the project of weekly anime shorts from Hideaki Anno's Studio Khara and the media company Dwango, announced on Monday that the 15th short will be "Obake-chan" directed by mecha designer Shigeto Koyama (Big Hero 6, Gundam Reconguista in G). Koyama and designer Tsuyoshi Kusano (Valvrave the Liberator, Captain Earth) are credited with the original work and Hiromi Wakabayashi (Kill la Kill unit director) is the short's technical director.
The summary reads: "Nice to meet you, I'm Obake-chan." "Obake" literally translates to "ghost."
The short will debut on Friday.
This season's remaining shorts include:
- "I can Friday by day!" by Kazuya Tsurumaki and Hajime Ueda (Daiou Ueda)
- "Ibusekiyoruni" by Tadashi Hiramatsu and Ren Sakaki
- "Ochibisan" by Moyoco Anno and Masashi Kawamura
- "Guzou Sen'iki" by Ikuto Yamashita and Kazuhiro Furuhashi
- "Sanbon no Shōgensha" by Satoru Utsunomiya
- "2 of killers of 2" by Kazuto Nakazawa
- "Tsukikage no Tokio" by Goichi "Suda51" Suda (Grasshopper Manufacture) and Takanobu Mizuno (Kamikaze Douga)
- "Bikachō Shinshi Kaikoroku" by Moyoco Anno and AЯTRA entertainment
- "Hammerhead" by Ōtarō Maijō and Mahiro Maeda
Moyoco Anno crowdfunded Ochibisan, a stop-motion feature based on her The Diary of Ochibi-san (Ochibi-san) manga.
Anno himself is serving as executive producer of the entire project initiative with Dwango President Nobuo Kawakami, and he also designed the image character mascot "(Tor)-kun." Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki created the title logo, and fellow Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki colored it. The shorts mostly feature the voice talent of Ranma ½ and Cowboy Bebop co-stars Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history