Live-Action Shinjuku Swan Trailer Unveils Insert Song
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website of the live-action film of Ken Wakui's Shinjuku Swan manga began streaming a trailer for the film on Friday. The trailer previews the film's story, as well as the film's insert song "Collide" by UVERworld and theme song "Dive" by Man With a Mission, and notes its May 30 opening date.
Kodansha's Weekly Young Magazine announced on March 2013 that Shion Sono (Suicide Club) will direct the film with the following cast:
- Gou Ayano (Gatchaman) as Tatsuhiko Shiratori
- Takayuki Yamada (Densha Otoko) as Jin Yamashiro
- Erika Sawajiri (Helter Skelter) as Ageha
- Yusuke Iseya (Casshern) as Mako
The official website also announced additional cast on Thursday:
- Nobuaki Kaneko (Crows Zero II) as Yutaka Hayama
- Motoki Fukami (Crows Zero) as Gensuke Seki
- Yu Yamada (Paradise Kiss) as Ryoko
- Kosuke Toyohara (Densha Otoko) as Kami Yamashiro
- Kotaro Yoshida (Wild 7) as Shuzen Amano
- Jun Murakami (Michiko & Hatchin) as Tokimasa
- Yuki Kubota (Kamen Rider: The Next) as Yosuke
- Erina Mano (The Next Generation -Patlabor-) as Eiko
- Manami Marutaka (Juho 2405: Watashi ga Shinu Wake) as Riko
- Ken Yasuda (Spirited Away) as Matsukata
The manga follows Tatsuhiko Shiratori, a 19-year-old with no money or job in the (in)famous Kabukichō red-light district of Tokyo's Shinjuku ward. Then one day, a man named Mako recruits him to become a scout. Tatsuhiko's job has him finding new talent for clubs, adult videos, and other areas of Kabukichō's night life. Tatsuhiko has taken his first step into the cutthroat business of Tokyo's underworld.
Wakui launched the manga in Young Magazine in 2005, and Kodansha published the 38th volume in December. The manga already inspired a six-episode live-action television series in 2007. In that version, Yōsuke Kawamura played Tatsuhiko.
Source: Comic Natalie