Aikatsu, Yo-Kai Watch, Stand By Me Doraemon Win Digital Media Awards
posted on by Karen Ressler
The Association of Media in Digital announced the winners of its 20th annual AMD Awards on Monday. The Aikatsu and Yo-Kai Watch franchises, as well as the 3-D CG film Stand By Me Doraemon were among the winners of the digital contents awards.
The awards recognize excellence in digital media content for films, television shows, video games, and apps. Other winners include:
- Ingress, an augmented reality MMORPG for mobile devices
- ARENA TOUR 2014 "Honoo to Mori no Carneval Starland-hen", a live concert video from rock band Sekai no Owari
- King's Brunch, a news and variety show on TBS
- SmartNews, a smartphone news app
- teamLab Dance! Art Exhibition and Learn and Play! teamLab Future Park
- Ricoh Theta, a brand of camera that captures spherical images and video
In addition, Studio Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki won the 20th Anniversary Award for his work on animated films with Hayao Miyazaki. Mascot characters representing local communities were collectively awarded the Social Impact Award.
Past winners of the Award of Excellence include Attack on Titan, Kantai Collection, Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars, Crunchyroll, and the Nintendo 3DS.
Source: The Asahi Shimbun