2nd Seven Deadly Sins OVA to Compile 9 Short Stories
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
This year's 24th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is revealing more details on Wednesday for the second OVA for Nakaba Suzuki's The Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai) manga.
The anime on DVD will feature an omnibus of nine short stories featuring the all of the main characters
- "Muda na Mono Nante Nani Hitotsu" (Nothing is Wasted)
- "Oshiete Danchō!!" (Teach Me Leader!!)
- "Zanpan Shori Kishidan Danchō no Jikenbo" (Chronicle of the Leader of the Garbage Disposal Knights)
- "Diane to Ban" (Diane and Ban)
- "Naku na, Tomo yo" (Don't Cry My Friend)
- "Gilthunder no Shinjitsu" (Gilthunder's Truth)
- "Kekka Yokereba Subete Yoshi" (If the Results are Good, Everything's OK)
- "Uso to Makoto" (Lies and Truth)
- "Aibō" (Partner)
Shogakukan will bundle the DVD with the limited edition of the 16th volume of Suzuki's manga, which will ship on August 12. The limited edition will retail for 2,980 yen (about US$25).
The first OVA revolving around Ban's past will ship with the limited edition of the 15th volume on June 17.
Kodansha Comics, the publisher of the manga in North America, describes how the manga's story begins:
When they were accused of trying to overthrow the monarchy, the feared warriors the Seven Deadly Sins were sent into exile. Princess Elizabeth discovers the truth - the Sins were framed by the king's guard, the Holy Knights - too late to prevent them from assassinating her father and seizing the throne!
Now the princess is on the run, seeking the Sins to help her reclaim the kingdom. But the first Sin she meets, Meliodas, is a little innkeeper with a talking pig. He doesn't even have a real sword! Have the legends of the Sins' strength been exaggerated?
A television anime adaptation of the manga premiered in Japan last October, and ended with 24 episodes.