News Super Smash Bros. Confirms Ryu & Roy, Amiibo for All 51 Fighters
posted on 2015-06-14 11:50 EDT
Nintendo confirmed on Sunday that Street Fighter's Ryu and Fire Emblem's Roy are joining the roster of the Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. These characters and other new DLC became available on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. EDT.
While players can activate some of Ryu's moves with one button, they can also use familiar Street Fighter button inputs for more powerful moves. Akiman created a new illustration for Ryu in Super Smash Bros. Ryu costs US$5.99 for Wii U or 3DS, or US$6.99 for both platforms. Roy and the previously revealed Lucas cost US$3.99 for Wii U or 3DS, or US$4.99 for both platforms.
Nintendo also confirmed that it is developing Amiibo figures for both Roy and Ryu, as well as for Mii Fighters, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch (with multiple 2D poses), and Falco. In fact, Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai promises Amiibo figures for all 51 fighters in Super Smash Bros.
Other confirmed additions include:
Mii Fighter Costumes:
- Virtua Fighter's Akira (brawler)
- Virtua Fighter's Jacky (brawler)
- Animal Crossing's Isabelle (gunner)
- Megaman.EXE (gunner)
- Mega Man X's Zero (swordfighter)
- Splatoon's Inkling Boy & Inkling Girl (gunners)
- Splatoon's Squid Hat
- Tekken's Heihachi (brawler)
- Kirby's Dream Land returns from Nintendo 64 version
- Miiverse stage (free on Wii U with messages posted onscreen from other players)
- Ryu's Suzaku Castle returns (with music arranged by Yoko Shimomura)
- Omega Forms
Special Trophies are also available after completing All-Star mode.
The new Tourneys mode in August will offer both Community Tourneys (judged by point system) and Regular Tourneys (judged by elimination system). Also, the Wii version of the game will be able record replay videos for playback on PC and smartphones, as well as for posting on YouTube.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history