Strike Tanaka's Servamp Manga Gets Anime Adaptation
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The cover of the August issue of Kadokawa's Monthly Comic Gene magazine is revealing on Wednesday that Strike Tanaka's Servamp manga is getting an anime adaptation.
Seven Seas is releasing the manga in North America, and it published the second compiled book volume in June. The company describes the story:
When a stray black cat named Kuro crosses Mahiru Shirota's path, the high school freshman's life will never be the same again. Kuro is, in fact, no ordinary feline, but a servamp: a servant vampire. While Mahiru's personal philosophy is one of non-intervention, he soon becomes embroiled in an ancient, altogether surreal conflict between vampires and humans.
The manga has previously inspired two drama CDs with the following cast:
- Takuma Terashima as Mahiru Shirota
- Yuuki Kaji as Kuro
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Tsubaki
- Hiro Shimono as Misono Arisuin
- Kazuma Horie as Snow Lily
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Rihito Jikiruland Todoroki
- Ryohei Kimura as Lowless
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Belkia
- Yuuki Ono as Tetsu Sendagaya
- Ayumu Murase as Hugh
- Toshinari Fukamachi as Sakuya Watanuki
Update: Added drama CD information and cast.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history