Hetalia The World Twinkle Anime Casts Monaco, More Micronations
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for the Hetalia The World Twinkle anime announced more cast members on Monday. The cast and characters are, from left to right in the picture:
- Mitsuhiro Ichiki (Maid Sama!'s Naoya Shirakawa) as Kugelmugel, a micronation located in Vienna, Austria
- Kaito Ishikawa (World Trigger's Kōhei Izumi) as Molossia, a micronation in Nevada in the United States
- Masatomo Nakazawa (DRAMAtical Murder's Clear) as the Principality of Hutt River, a micronation in Australia
- Daiki Yamashita (Yowamushi Pedal's Sakamichi Onoda) as Ladonia, a micronation in Sweden
- Yōko Hikasa (The Devil Is a Part-Timer!'s Emilia) as Monaco, a sovereign principality near France
The website also announced that Yūsuke Suda will play Nikoniko Republic, a micronation in Japan.
Hetalia The World Twinkle, the sixth anime season inspired by Hidekaz Himaruya's Hetalia manga, began streaming on the d Anime Store (Docomo Anime Store) and other services last month. Funimation is steaming the anime as it airs in Japan.
The manga takes the archetypal characteristics of countries and regions throughout the world, and anthropomorphizes them as (mostly) bishōnen characters. The previous anime season, Hetalia The Beautiful World, premiered in Japan on January 2013.