Digimon Adventure tri.'s Trailer, 2nd Teaser Reveal Voices
posted on by Egan Loo
The official website for Toei Animation's Digimon Adventure tri. anime began streaming the theatrical trailer and second teaser promotional video for the first part, Saikai (Reunion), on Saturday. The videos preview the voice cast, which includes many new members. Like the earlier advance video, the new videos feature the theme song "Butter-Fly" by Kouji Wada.
The new videos show the familiar characters from the first Digimon series reuniting for "a new adventure that has been set in motion now." The videos end with the tagline, "Now, the adventure Digivolves again…"
The website also announced that a premiere advance screeening will be held on October 23, followed by a Niconico Live special streaming on October 25.
The anime was first announced to be a "sequel anime series" premiering in spring 2015. The series will now be a 6-part film project, with the first film titled "Saikai" (Reunion) starting a limited three-week engagement in 10 theaters in Japan on November 21. The Blu-ray Disc for the first part will initially go on sale at the theaters on November 21, and iTunes will also sell the first part on the same day. The retail Blu-ray and DVD releases will follow on December 18.
The cast for the human characters in Digimon Adventure tri. is completely different from the original series, and includes:
Suzuko Mimori as Sora Takenouchi
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Yamato Ishida
Mutsumi Tamura as Kōshirō Izumi
Hitomi Yoshida as Mimi Tachikawa
Junya Ikeda as Jō Kido
Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
MAO as Hikari Yagami
Daisuke Namikawa as Daigo Nishijima, a part-time teacher who serves as a substitute homeroom teacher
AiM (Ai Maeda) is returning for the first part's ending theme "I wish." Kouji Wada returns to perform the original opening theme song "Butter-Fly," while Ayumi Miyazaki also returns to perform the insert song "Brave Heart." All three songs are new recordings of songs from the original Digimon Adventure series, and the CDs for all three will go on sale on November 25.
The original cast for the Digimon partners are returning for the new anime. Atsuya Uki (Cencoroll, Tsuritama) will provide the character designs, Yuuko Kakihara (Heaven's Lost Property) will act as series script supervisor, and Keitaro Motonaga (Rayearth) will direct. The rest of the staff includes:
- Executive producer: Katsuhiro Takagi
- Planning: Kozo Morishita
- Original creator: Akiyoshi Hongo
- Animation Character Design: Masanori Shino
- Animation Director: Koji Ito
- Chief Animation Directors: Toshiyuki Komaru, Haruhito Takada
- Main Animators: Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Matsuda
- Prop Design: Goichi Iwahata
- Color design: Sachiko Urushido
- Art Director: Shinji Nagaoka
- Director of Photography: Fumi Nanba
- Editing: Takashi Sakurai
- Music: Go Sakabe
- Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina
- Animation producers: Takashi Sakurai, Kiyoshi Yamamoto
- Chief Producers: Atsushi Suzuki, Iriya Azuma
- Producers: Shuhei Arai, Makiko Murakami, Tohru Nishida, Kōhei Motokawa
- Animation Production Assistance: Typhoon Graphics
- Cooperation: Toei Co., Ltd.
- Planning: Toei Animation
- Production: Toei Animation