7th Hakuōki Musical's Cast Announced
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for the Hakuōki musicals announced a seventh musical, titled Musical Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan (Hakuōki: Stories of the Shinsengumi) after the first game, on Thursday. The musical will run from January 4-11, 2016 in Tokyo and January 15-17 in Osaka.
The website also unveiled the new cast:
Top row, from left to right:
- Gaki Matsuda as Toshizō Hijikata
- Yumi Fujikoso as Chizuru Yukimura
- Yoshihiko Aramaki as Sōji Okita
- Shōhei Hashimoto as Hajime Saitō
- Ren Ozawa as Heisuke Tōdō
- Keisuke Higashi as Sanosuke Harada
- Hiroki Ino as Shipachi Nagakura
- Shōta Takasaki as Susumu Yamazaki
- Taira Imata as Isami Kondō
- Akira Kubodera as Kamo Serizawa
- Naoya Gōmoto as Kyūjyu Amagiri
- Yūsuke Kashiwagi as Kyo Shiranui
- Manji Edogawa as Kōdō Yukimura
- Shōgo Suzuki as Chikage Kazama
The sixth musical, Hakuōki: Reimei Roku (Hakuōki: Daybreak Story), named for the prequel game, ran in Tokyo in May and Kyoto in July. Earlier musicals focused on individual characters.
Idea Factory's Hakuōki Shinsengumi Kitan romance adventure game from Otomate, Idea Factory's brand aimed at female players, shipped in Japan for the PlayStation 2 in 2008, and was released for PlayStation 3 in North America in May 2014.
The story of the game and its anime adaptations center around the historical Shinsengumi samurai group in Kyoto during the 19th century.
The Hakuōki anime franchise includes the 12-episode Hakuōki series, the 10-episode sequel series Hakuōki Hekketsu-roku, and the 6-episode Hakuōki Sekkaroku OVA series. The franchise also includes a prequel television anime series and two films that premiered in 2013. Sentai Filmworks licensed the franchise in 2013.